• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Migration Complete - Post Issues here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem

As long as we can discuss our favourite products, give / receive advice, it's all good.
    showroomglaze.net

Comment

Originally posted by madsekci
      No problem

As long as we can discuss our favourite products, give / receive advice, it's all good.
      And that's what it's all about!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hmm wonder what my avatar looks like now...

Comment

Hey!

I'm actually getting email notifications for posts I subscribed to. Finally. It's been a very long time coming.

Thank you!!!

I also just wanted to post to see if my avatar got jacked.

Comment

My avatar is out of whack too.
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus
              Hey!

I'm actually getting email notifications for posts I subscribed to. Finally. It's been a very long time coming.
              And I am getting email notification as well!!!
              Quadruple Honda Owner
              Black cars are easy!

Comment

I dont know much about how the forum programing works, but it seems odd that I can get almost everyones avatars on my home comp, but not at work.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                  I dont know much about how the forum programing works, but it seems odd that I can get almost everyones avatars on my home comp, but not at work.
                  Your home computer has a cache of all the old avatar images stored on it. Your web browser is pulling those cached images and displaying them rather than downloading the current garbled images from the forum server.

If you cleared your web browser's cache at home, you'd likely start seeing the garbled avatars that the rest of us see.
                  2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
                  2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

The avatar issue is definitely on the server side. If the browser was pulling client-side cache files, the avatars would display in place of the gobledygook that is there now.

Also, I have my cache set to clear quite frequently, and have the storage option set as low as it will go. In this day-in-age of high-speed Internet, there little reason to store cache files.

Comment

I can't upload any picture's into the gallery. Is it still down. And I can't get my avatar to come on.

Comment

Originally posted by qadsan
                        Yikes Mike! It looks like you took 60 grit sand paper your avatar. Better hit it with some diamond cut or possibly some dacp, etc.
                        Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Is it just me but it seems the forum really 'hangs' from time to time... I have used MOL on three different computers with three different connections and there are times you will go nowhere.... one instance, you click 'post message' and it will hang there doing nothing. I have had that problem on several occasions since the transition. This also happens when searcing 'View New Posts', same thing just hangs.
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Overall seems slower....
                            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Noticing this also but my Charter Cable Internet connection has been absolutely horrible for the last week as well as an ongoing problem so it makes it hard to comment as to whether there's been a change in performance with the new servers.

Trying out Verizon Wireless Broadband card tonight, but so far it's not fast enough. Looks like Verizon FIOS fiber-optic Internet service is next in line to try.

Just to note, our Webmaster here at Meguiars.com is on vacation till next week, so everything is on standby until he gets back and also gets caught up.
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It looks like the Matrix got ahold of all the avatars.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');