• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Ship Launch Tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi atclew

Wow! That's pretty interesting information. It never ceases to amaze me the background of people that post to forums such as this one.

Thank you for chiming in and adding some information about why aircraft operate in the manner they do.

By the way, I am scheduled to visit the www.scaled.com manufacturing plant on July 7th to look over their tooling process and their paint and polishing processes.

Of course, I'll post pictures if they allow me to take any.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike that's a great story afterall... i hope you did stick some Meguiar's decals on that spaceship... @ last it will have some more value then 10 million

Comment

Originally posted by rjstaaf
        Airliners typically race to cruising altitude as fast as they can as that is where the best fuel economy is going to be. If they didn't have to take passenger comfort into account you can bet they would push the plane to its maximum climb rate.

They probably took their leisurely time getting Space Ship One to 47,000 as there was no rush and there were probably lots of checks to do as they went up.
        http://www.bobscherer.com/Pages/Starship.htm
        My former pastor went to Mexico on a mission trip a few years ago, and he said that the Mexican pilots took off & landed at a very steep rate!...Not good for the stomach I presume.

I doubt that would happen here very much.
        r. b.

Comment

great place to test the durability of NXT

Comment

SpaceshipOne makes history and wins $10,000,000. Shortly after 10AM CDT today the prize was won as SpaceshipOne passed 360,000 feet over the Mojave desert.

Way to go.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

That's extremely impressive! I wonder what it cost to make the actual spaceship?

Chris
              Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I was blown away by the pics. You were present when history was made!

Comment

I have been watching this on the discovery channel tonight and I still can't belive all that was done. They went to space without billions of dollars, no wind tunnel testing on either aircraft... only some wings of the plane bolted to a ford truck driving down a runway.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yeah the Discovery channel show was really entertaining...

Can't wait to see is Mike gets some new pictures to show us.
                    Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                    08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                    98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                    82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');