• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

white 92 grand prix 1, me 0 +pics(no 56K)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white 92 grand prix 1, me 0 +pics(no 56K)

my arms hurt soo bad right now because i have been working on a white 92 Grand Prix, I have been trying to remove swirls with M09. The reason I am not using 80 or 83 is because I think that the clear coat is becoming very thin ( front bumper already has clear coat failure) but this paint is hard! I have been working in 2x2 sections and each section takes more than 45 mins!

Has anyone ever worked on an old Grand Prix before? I am very very tempted to use a rotary with M09 but its not my car so I can't mess up the paint. ... did i metion that I am doing this for free

also has anyone ever cleaned the engine in one of these? There looks like their is a lot of electrical stuff? and i dont have a key to start the car, just one to the doors and trunk so i can't even warm up the engine before and after i clean it

Sorry for my rant
    Last edited by sneek; May 20, 2006, 05:12 PM.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord

Comment

managed to reduce swirls from this

to this with just M09

I think that some of the panels have a yellow tint to them, and I have no idea how to remove it

cleaned dash with QID then dressed with M40, her dash turned my M/Fs black!

Then I cleaned the engine with EXTRA and dressed with M40

Last edited by sneek; May 21, 2006, 10:29 AM.
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord

Comment

thats alot of work for free...

looking godo though.

hopefully the reward is well worth it

Comment

ya it was a lot of work because #9 isn't exactly the fastest product to use!
            also Mothers clay isn't the greatest clay for removing rail dust from 14 years ago! (Can. Tire has been out of Megs. Clay for a while)
            I clayed with mothers and then I had to follow up with DC1 paint cleaner to remove the rail dust, but i think a good 90% of the rail dust is gone. Its too bad there is real rust on the drivers door
            all in all it looks okay, but i will have to wash the car before she comes because my neighbour was working with some kind of rock so there is this yellow dust all over the car

EDIT: the reward is I might have to go work on her boyfriends F150 and his dads boat
            Last edited by sneek; May 22, 2006, 08:03 AM.
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Nice work!
              But I can tell you that this Grand Prix isn't a 92.
              We had a 92, a 96 and now a 95 and from what I see in the pics, this GP is a 94-96 model. The pre 94 didn't have that interior and didn't have that 3100 V6 engine.

Comment

I am not a huge pontiac fan, but it sound like you are. I'll ask her what year it is when she comes to pick it up
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord

Comment

I used #26 as a LSP and it makes water bead like crazy
                  I just washed it because it rained and she is coming to pick it up soon

Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');