• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Light Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Light Issues

ok guys i have situation on my hands.

picked up some LED brake bulbs tonight at work both where 3157's. then i installed them into the brake/turn bulb housing. i go to turn on the truck and hit the brakes, nothing, no turn, no hazards (this is all in the rear, front was working fine) so i start checking fuses, i pull the LED bulbs out and put the only regular 3157's in. Ok well i put the old bulbs back in and same story. so i go get a pack of 3156 bulbs and a pack of 3157 bulbs and some 15A fuses. come to find out i ended up blowing the range selector fuse (nuetral safety switch) which made my truck not shift into any gears. Solved that problem. i installed new all new rear bulbs and new fuse. now here is what stumped me. i now have no gauge bezel lights, no a/c, no 4x4 lights. nothing. BUT dome lights work, window switch lights work. i have no rear parking lights or gauge cluster lights. i checked all fuses that were even in the area of lighting. i am stumped i don't know what to do. and what i really dont get is i have brake lights when i hit the brakes, and turn/hazards, but no rear running lights. they are brand new bulbs...
    rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

IMHO sounds like a circuit breaker/relay may be the problem. Try to verify voltage w/a test light @ the fuse box first for each circuit affected. Then trace voltage to each individual light. Sometimes the rear lights are wired thru the neutral safety switch or turn signal switch. Also check the bulkhead connector for voltage. A wiring diagram would help. I go to the library & use their repair manuals for reference. Good luck.
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Try going to this website http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/
      they have a section just for electrical problems. They have helped me out in the past several times.

Good Luck

Claude
      http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=27

Comment

Get a multimeter and check to see if they are getting power.

When you say LED's you mean colored replacement bulbs yes? Making a LED retrofit taillight requires proper Ohms, but I think you have an issue someone prior to the light itself.

Comment

if its the explorer in the picture check fuse 16 15amp in the battery juction box under the hood. i dont know what year you have but im looking at a 2002 wirering diagram. And from the symptoms you said its posible that it is that fuse. the gauge illumination 4x4 and running lamps are controlled by that fuse. if not that, it may be more involved, i also know that a faulty headlight swich can cause the same problems. but it sounds like a fuse to me. check that fuse and all fuses under the hood and in the central junction under the dash. and dont use the LEDS

QUOTE "and what i really dont get is i have brake lights when i hit the brakes, and turn/hazards, but no rear running lights. they are brand new bulbs..."

The running lights are on a diff circuit that the flashers, turn and stop lights.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');