• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marring happens....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marring happens....

Just washed the black Hemi at the coin-op with the final part of the wash being with QEW in my garage. QEW leaves a very "clear" finish if used properly -- as good as using a QD. Well guess what. I had some very fine scratches on the hood. Nope not from dirt or the QEW process. The cause was snow and ice that had built up on the hood, melted and flew off. Guess that's why we have buffers and #83. ( I have found that when I can actually see the scratches I might as well skip #80 or #82. Go right to #83 and then come back with #80.)

Tom

Re: Marring happens....

Originally posted by tguil
    Just washed the black Hemi at the coin-op with the final part of the wash being with QEW in my garage. QEW leaves a very "clear" finish if used properly -- as good as using a QD. Well guess what. I had some very fine scratches on the hood. Nope not from dirt or the QEW process. The cause was snow and ice that had built up on the hood, melted and flew off. Guess that's why we have buffers and #83. ( I have found that when I can actually see the scratches I might as well skip #80 or #82. Go right to #83 and then come back with #80.)

Tom
    It always worries me a little to see ice built up on my hood just for the reason you talk about.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Yep; during the winter I pretty much give up on trying to prevent marring. I know when summer comes, I'll hit it with 83/80 and some fresh sealant or carnauba (or both, for that matter!)

Comment

Definitely if you drive your car during the winter you'll get some marring. If not from ice then from all the salt and sand on the roads which is being kicked up onto your paint from the car in front of you.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');