• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electrical career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical career

i may be going to school next year for electric i have an apprentice lined up , i was never that great at math but i understand it . I am starting at the bottom of the trade knowing next to nothing, any electricians on MOL or any1 chime in with details of the trade how complicated it is etc . I hear about the electrical code to, im not sure how complicated everything is but ill be sure to find out .

thanks

if any1 knos any electrical forums or any sites with good info about elec. i could use the help
    "A musclecar, by definition, is a powerful and sporty vehicle that must be able to spin its tires at will. The Firebird Trans Am is capable of laying down twin black streaks of rubber several hundred feet long. We wanted to be sure it could, so we did it a half dozen times in the name of automotive science." - Motor Trend

good book to read

buy this book "Wiring a House: for pros by pros" by Rex Cauldwell.

Comment

Back in the 80's, I spent around 4 years as an electrian with our local union. The way our program worked back then, there was an "R" program and an "A" program. Everyone was in the R program, and the A program was something you had to apply for. And you almost never got in the first try.

If you remain in the R program, you really need only simple math. Math is more important if you want to go into the A program, but then the pay is a lot higher.

It was a lot of unsavory work (digging holes out in the freezing cold, broiling in hot switchgear rooms in the summer) but if you get on a service truck, life is a lot better. One thing that I did that made life better for me was I learned about fire alarm systems. I was on a lot of jobs where the other electricians would not touch fire alarms because they seemed "too complicated" so I got volunteered. It was a lot less grunt work and a lot more brain work, which was fun.

I quit being an electrician because it wasn't for me. Turns out it was a good choice. Your mileage may vary, and all of the above might be different in your home state.

Comment

i'll get my electrical certificate after this next semester
        rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

When I went back to school to get my EE degree, a professor told me that, "all that math makes a lot more sense once you start using it in the real world." You won't have that much trouble with the math.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I good friend of mine has a mechanical license for HVAC-R. Not sure in your state, but in Michigan for a plumber, electrician, HVAC-R you need to have have all the schooling and work for 3000 hours under a licensed contractor before you can take your test to get your license! The HVAC consists of a total of 6000 hours, but 3000 are class room hours over a 3 year period.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');