• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took my truck in to the local Ford dealer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my truck in to the local Ford dealer....

On my first trip to the dealer they had my truck all day, they ordered what I needed and I went to pick it up at the end of the day. They did not wash it like I had asked. It was parked with all the other car out from service but they were nice enough to park it in two spots at an angle so no other car could get close, very nice!

So.....

I took my truck to the Ford dealer the second time to get the newly ordered parts installed (replace my interior door handles). Dropped it off for the entire day again and went to pick it up. When I was picking my truck up, my service advisor said "they are washing it up for you right now". He was joking, I have only talked to the guy a couple times but he figured out right away I am a little picky with my truck...

Here is where I found it interesting...

We got on the topic of what they do at the dealer for washings. He said black vehicles they hand wash (weather permitting) but never in the automatic wash. He said the black comes out of the automatic wash all swirled up (we all know that). Also if its looks like someone really takes care of their vehicle they will leave it alone, no wash.

Just thought it was interesting, my dealer at least appears to care how their customers vehicles look. OK, maybe not the average Mr. I don't care what my vehicle looks like, but if you take care of it they will take care of it as well. Just good to know!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I always tell folks, mechanics are generally more careful and thorough, and do a better job on clean cars than dirty ones. Granted though, that's in general. I've also run into a few who were the opposite way (and installed a few scrapes/scratches into my truck before I had a chance to stop them from being careless).

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');