• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6000 Members!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6000 Members!

6000 Members!

Congratulations to our 6000th member!

Del Staudinger

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

WOW... That is rather impressive!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

you should have a give away

guess what date and time we reach 7,000 members,

or on post count

guess the date and time we reach 30,000 posts in detailing 101.

they win a door prize ..

Comment

What's interesting is the ratio of lurkers to registered members we have, I don't have any hard numbers but most of the time we have about 2 lurkers on the forum for ever one member.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          What's interesting is the ratio of lurkers to registered members we have, I don't have any hard numbers but most of the time we have about 2 lurkers on the forum for ever one member.
          Sometimes I actually question whether or not all those lurkers are real or not. I have seen them on the Who's Online screen and it says they are PMing other members, reporting posts, replying to posts etc. I was under the impression they were unable to do this until registering. Or maybe they are "attempting" to do this and the system just shows that they are doing it. No biggie, just something I have noticed.
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

congrats mike, on a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut
              congrats mike, on a great job!
              Thanks but let's not go down this road it's really a community of great people, not a person. Plus there are lots of other people that work behind the scenes that don't post, or don't post often that have also played in an important part.

I'm never really sure that reaching a new landmark number is a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a milepost so to speak.

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing and that's to create an environment that's friendly and helpful.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
                Sometimes I actually question whether or not all those lurkers are real or not. I have seen them on the Who's Online screen and it says they are PMing other members, reporting posts, replying to posts etc. I was under the impression they were unable to do this until registering. Or maybe they are "attempting" to do this and the system just shows that they are doing it. No biggie, just something I have noticed.

I'm not sure what's up with this either, it's kind of interesting to monitor the Who's Online and see what they're up to; it's comical when it shows a guest doing anything because a guest cannot do anything but read.

For example sometimes I'll see a guest listed as editing a post when they cannot do this.

Some lurkers are search engine spiders and after we upgrade to the most recent version of vBulletin we will be able to see them when they're searching and indexing our forum.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks but let's not go down this road it's really a community of great people, not a person. Plus there are lots of other people that work behind the scenes that don't post, or don't post often that have also played in an important part.

I'm never really sure that reaching a new landmark number is a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a milepost so to speak.

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing and that's to create an environment that's friendly and helpful.

i agree. but take some credit!

Comment

I'm not sure what's up with this either, it's kind of interesting to monitor the Who's Online and see what they're up to; it's comical when it shows a guest doing anything because a guest cannot do anything but read.

For example sometimes I'll see a guest listed as editing a post when they cannot do this.

Some lurkers are search engine spiders and after we upgrade to the most recent version of vBulletin we will be able to see them when they're searching and indexing our forum.
                    Well, they are here that is the important thing. I hope they get as much out of it as I have. I will say participating does have it's advantages though. Sometimes I have explained what I did and how I went about it and thought I had the process down pat. But just by putting it out there on the table someone was able to point out a possible weakness in my process or give me some advice to improve the process. So for any of you unregistered guests who stumble into this thread. Glad you are here and hope you consider registering. It is truely worth it.
                    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Mike, your last line is why I enjoy this forum so much. It's friendly, even when clueless folks like me ask stupid questions. All you members, thanks for keeping it that way and thanks for all the help and inspiration (before/after shots) that you have given me.
                      WW - Shinin' On

Comment

I think I might've solved part of this mystery. I frequently use tabbed browsing in firefox or safari and I think it confuses things. I also think it's probably search engine crawlers as well (google's I know for a fact are smart enough to register for forums, use an activation link, and then troll the insides for additional content, they are getting sued for this practice in a number of areas, from privacy to explicit or copyrighted photos appearing in their google images area).

Anyway, the other day I had a few tabs open and I think the forum registered some of those tabs as guests instead of me, I had one tab on my buddy list and there was a guest "viewing a buddy list."
                        My car's so shiny I can see your car's swirls in its reflection.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');