• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1500+......for car Wax?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1500+......for car Wax?????

This has been buggin' me for some time now.....
    Why would ANYONE pay over $1500 for car wax???? I've heard a lot of good comments on Zymol wax, but this is ridiculous....

Please some one explain!?!?!?!

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

I am not exactly sure what you are talking about but $1500 seems a little excessive.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

If someone buys it, someone will make it.

Comment

Man, if I had a nickle for every "$1500 for Zymol?" thread, I'd be able to buy a $1500 jar of Zymol by now...
        1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
        2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
        1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

I think it might have something to do with the lifetime FREE refills. Although I wonder if there is some finer print to that.
          As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            I am not exactly sure what you are talking about but $1500 seems a little excessive.
            I didn't want to violate forum rules, so I didn't post a link , but if you go to the Zymol website, and look at their Estate Glazes you'll see what I mean...

Alex
            Mandarina Racing

Comment

Originally posted by MandarinaRacing
              I didn't want to violate forum rules, so I didn't post a link , but if you go to the Zymol website, and look at their Estate Glazes you'll see what I mean...

Alex
              Thank you.... I don't follow other car care products to close.

Yes, I think I will stick to NXT.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

From their site--

Vintage Glaze is based on a custom formula developed for the 1947 Bentley Mark VI Cabriolet by Franay, winner of several "Best of Shows" in its debut year on the Concours circuit. Among the protective ingredients in Vintage are evergreen, honeydew, coconut, cantaloupe and sunflower oils. Vintage contains 61 percent Brazilian No. 1 White Carnauba by volume, the highest in any product designed to protect automotive finishes.

Directions for use:Put a very small amount of the glaze to the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands to melt the Carnauba. With your hand, gently apply the glaze in a light, even pattern over no more than two or three square feet of painted surface.
                Let Vintage stand for up to five minutes
                Using moderate to heavy pressure, wipe very slowly with a Micro-Wipeâ„¢ (folded once) to a brilliant luster before wax is totally dry.
                Wait three to four hours, then lightly buff the paint again to
                perfect the shine.

Web Pricing:
                Item #1999: $1511.00

Heck if the warmth from your hands melts it how does it stand up to the sun!
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by MB///HRV
                  I think it might have something to do with the lifetime FREE refills. Although I wonder if there is some finer print to that.
                  I think you're restricted to one refill per year or something.... but I'm not quite certain.

Comment

The real benefit of it is that it's bequeathable. So conceivably, your family line will never have to buy wax again. I've actually stopped buying any car care products that can't be bequeathed.
                    1990 Corvette ZR-1 Bright Red with Red interior Hear it!
                    2002 Aurora 4.0 Cherry Metallic with Neutral interior Hear it!
                    1997.5 Regal GS Jasper Green Pearl with Medium Gray interior

Comment

so you dont use megs??
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

(As he places his Moderator's hat on his head and ventures into the discussion...)

Hi everyone,

Let's continue to have a nice and fun discussion on waxes that tip the high-end of the price point, but let's not forget Rule 4 in the process. Other than that... enjoy!

Forum Rules

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Rule #4 reply.
                          So how many swirls will I leave on the surface using my calloused hands?

Non-Rule #4 reply.
                          Holy Poopie, they want how much for that stuff?????
                          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

Ummmm, it comes in a nice jar!
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                              Ummmm, it comes in a nice jar!
                              Err.....I hear it smells nice
                              Don
                              12/27/2015
                              "Darth Camaro"
                              2013 Camaro ... triple black
                              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');