• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Job Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Job Shadow

Today i job shadowed at seandoleer detailing shop was pretty intresting. the cars looked great besides one customers G35X they missed some minor scraches and cobwebbing but overall pretty good

but i noticed one thing althought they used mostly megs products they also used a industrual broom (literaly) to wash the car. This added horrific scraches into the finnish.. most of these scraches were then removed by #9 but has anyone else ever seen a broom used as a washing tool????

i think ill send a Megs wash mop to him for christmas
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Re: Meguiars Job Shadow

Originally posted by sneek
    but i noticed one thing althought they used mostly megs products they also used a industrual broom (literaly) to wash the car. This added horrific scraches into the finnish.. most of these scraches were then removed by #9 but has anyone else ever seen a broom used as a washing tool????
    That seems odd!?!? I would think you want to keep the addition of MORE work(the installation of more new scratches) to a minimum.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

exactly ! but they just go over the whole car with #9 also i think they used it as a LSP.. never used #9 but i dont belive it isa LSP

but i must say most of the cars looked great!
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord

Comment

exactly ! but they just go over the whole car with #9 also i think they used it as a LSP.. never used #9 but i dont belive it isa LSP

but i must say most of the cars looked great!
        You are correct, #9 is a cleaner/polish. You need to add a wax after for protection and preserve the shine.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0
        From Meguiars.com:
        Swirl Remover 2.0 is a deep gloss cleaner/polish. It removes fine scratches and swirl marks, while providing a dark, dramatic shine. Formulated to reduce splatter and make application and wipe-down easier.
        Brandon

Comment

gb387 i noticed that you had the all the megs brushes and the megs mop ?
          1. are they good?
          2.if you were a poor high school student would you spend $22+$15 shipping on the for the mop or am i better off washing my car with a wash mit
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord

Comment

1. are they good?
            2.if you were a poor high school student would you spend $22+$15 shipping on the for the mop or am i better off washing my car with a wash mit
            Well... I really like the mop, IMO the mop works best on high to reach areas, I prefer to use a wash mitt on the lower portions(sides/hood/windows), to me its much easier. If you can reach your vehicles roof its not necessary. My truck is to high to reach the roof and often I over looked cleaning the roof so this is where the mop comes into play.

They are a very good product, I do wish there were other types of "wash heads", something with Meguiars "Ultra Plush Chenille" type material.

Here is a review I did of the mop:Versa-Angle Ultra Plush Wash Mop G-1190 ~ Review
            Brandon

Comment

thanks
              i think im going to buy one for myself i have a 03 honda accord but the problem is im really short im only aobut 5'6
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord

Comment

1. are they good?
                I have all the meg's mitts & mops too.
                I've used wash mitts in the past and still like to use it. It gives me more control as I can get into tighter areas.
                I like using the long handle mops for my SUV. like gb387 with his truck. It helps me wash the roof a lot easier.
                but I mix it up. I just know I have different tools to use to help make my washing easier.
                but I still like the wash mitt and can't wait when the new 2006 dual mitt is available.
                about the cost and shipping. you'll need to search deep within yourself for the answer. its your money. good luck.
                your not short...is everyone around you 7 feet tall...

Comment

Re: Meguiars Job Shadow

but i noticed one thing althought they used mostly megs products they also used a industrual broom (literaly) to wash the car.
                  Do you mean like THIS!?!?!??!!

They'd be better of washing with a Brillo Pad
                  Mandarina Racing

Comment

I finally had a chance to use my vera-angle body brush the other day, I really liked using it.

Its quality and I dont worry about it putting scratches into my finish, furthmore it makes washing my SUV much eaiser.

Comment

I was thinking while reading that, why not switch the Body Brush? It would make their job much easier, IMO.

Today at the car wash station, I saw everyone washing their cars with the brooms. I touched the one in my station, felt like horse hairs. Scary.
                      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                        You are correct, #9 is a cleaner/polish. You need to add a wax after for protection and preserve the shine.[/i]
                        Not to mention that #9 is a very WEAK cleaner/polish, at that. No wonder they're not getting all of the defects out.

This is a detail shop that shouldn't be in business, from the sound of things.

Comment

lol but atleast the manager is ultra nice !!! he let me job shaddow one of his detailers last minute, hes acutally a member of this fourm...seandoleer i think his staff just needs a megs represenitve but in canada its pretty hard. greg morton said calgary wont have and workshops for a while but he did send me the meguiars dvds !

mabe i should contact greg morton of megs. canada and he can send some one to train the people

they actaully have alot of megs product i rember seeing scratchX, colourX, NXT wash, nxt wax, gc leather car, gc trim, they use the megs g100 and have lots of megs pads. they dont use megs MFs and thats y some of the cars have white lint on them but hey im not about to tell pros how to do their jobs and also Sean was nice enough to take me along for the job shadow
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord

Comment

they actaully have alot of megs product i rember seeing scratchX, colourX, NXT wash, nxt wax, gc leather car, gc trim, they use the megs g100 and have lots of megs pads. they dont use megs MFs and thats y some of the cars have white lint on them but hey im not about to tell pros how to do their jobs and also Sean was nice enough to take me along for the job shadow
                            Interesting/curious that a pro shop would be using all consumer grade products.... a fact that makes me ponder what this shop is really up to....

Comment

i think they has 80,82,83 #9 and i think mabe there was #7
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');