• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traffic pet peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The peeves that are annoying are one thing, and a deep breath should solve them. It is the ones that end up dangerous to others that are upsetting.

I mean, since when did not having a yellow line down the middle of the road mean you should drive down the middle of it, or on the wrong side completly. And why can no one stay in there own lane going around a bend anymore?

And I here ya' about the gf's driving.. mine scares the **** out of me, and then gets mad at me. Not like I want her to be safe or anything...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
      Shrug. Ain't nothin' trafficwise worth getting peeved about. It's traffic. Deep breath, it's a beautiful day, patience, and then you're where you want to be.

I have to completely agree. I've been driving tractor/trailer/doubles/triples for 21 years and I see all this **** just about everyday. If I let it get to me, I'd have gone totally insane by now!

I want to add just one more to the list........Truck drivers that ride 4-wheelers bumpers to get them to move over. This is probably the one thing that REALLY pis....es me off.

Hey Mike....if you need someone to drive that fancy Meguiars rig, give me a call! I have no accidents, no tickets. 21 years with the same company.
      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Ok here's my pet peeve. You're driving down a 4 lane highway. There are 4 SUV's driving in each lane--going the exact same speed, preventing all traffic from passing them. For crying out loud, if you want to drive a set speed, do it behind another slow car, don't hog up the lanes preventing traffic from passing you. In case you didn't know, Los Angeles is overcrowded with large cars driven by cell phone talking, newspaper reading, makeup applying drivers.
        Richard Lin
        ShowCarDetailing
        5548 E. La Palma Ave
        Anaheim, CA 92807
        toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

the Signature of a fellow MOL UK maember read
          "i dont want to drive fast, i just DONT want to drive that slow"

Alex

Comment

People on cell phones is the worse.

try driving through a high-school parking lot during a winter storm with teenage girls on phones driving. hehe.

Comment

LOL, I could write a lot of things that make me take deep breaths, though....

One that gets me is, I'm in the left lane of a 4 lane divided, and there is traffic in both lanes, but our lane, the left, is moving faster. Someone always come up at the end of the left lane line and expects all the left lane traffic stretching a couple miles ahead to either speed up or move over so that he can go 80 instead of the 75 that we're all going. You know; flashing the lights, tapping the horn. Good lord buddy, if I move over, you only have to get the other 300 cars ahead of me out of your way now!

But hey. If I drive normally, I get to work in 46 minutes. If I drive like a maniac, I get to work in 45 minutes. If I drive slowly, I get to work in 46.5 minutes. So, I've decided it doesn't really matter, you never know who just got out of prison and is looking for revenge.

Tom
              As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I'll echo the sentiments of those who are irritated by lane crashers in construction zones. Most people change lanes before absolutely necessary & the cones start to close off the lane, but there are always people that think they're better than everyone else or in more of a hurry than everyone else.... that they're justified in zooming up to the front & cutting back into the lane where the rest of us are already queued up. I try not to let them in if I can possibly help it (safely). I find myself giggling like a schoolgirl when a few 18 wheelers will block the lanes & pace the traffic to keep people from doing that.
                R. Smith
                Santa Clarita, CA

Comment

People with fog lights on when its clear day and night
                  People who don't indicate
                  People who dont wave/flash if you let them out of a junction/side road....its just rude
                  People holding there mobile/cell making a call/text
                  People that speed in 30mph zones. No problem with people speeding on motor/highways.
                  People who sit in the middle or outside lane doing 65mph and then get narked when you flash or undertake.

and breathe

Comment

We just got our first big snow storm so I'll start with a couple.

- use of TONS of salt. All this does is turn snow into slush, which is more dangerous to drive in because it grabs your wheels. Just plow the roads and nature and traffic will do the rest. Salt when it's icy. Of course salt is a good selling point for my clear bras, so maybe it's not that bad.....

- snow plows. They, along with truck drivers, think they own the road. I've had them come at me with their blade in half my lane. I have to almost drive off the road to avoid them, they won't move over. I actually had to spin out once to avoid a plow that was over 3 feet in my lane.

- SUV's. Maybe not SUVs, just the people who drive them. They think they can drive like it's 80 and sunny. I had 4 of them pull right out infront of me today. All SUVs. Why stop at a stop sign when you can try to shoot across the intersection with a car coming right at you? All this with 6 in of snow in the road. You can't exactly stop on a dime. I won't even get to how they drive way too fast for conditions because of 4 wheel drive.

- Overreactionists. There's a lot of snow out, but it's not THAT bad and it's WNY, it's like this EVERY year. I actually love driving in snow. As long as you think ahead, you'll be fine. If you can't drive over 20mph on a snow covered road, you shouldn't be allowed on it. If it's that bad out that you have to slow down that much, is your life really worth whatever you're driving to? Stay home. Please.

Comment

Here of late, we've had to be on the look out for drunk illegal aliens (Mexicans)! I'm loosing count of the traffic fatalities that have been caused by some of these people in my area.....not just the state.

We had a young school teacher that was killed and his wife badly injured by a illegal alien driving while impared. Some were so out of it that they were going the wrong way on the interstates! Also, a young mother and her son were killed at an intersection less than a block from me by one.

Our representative in Congress is really fed up with this and is taking action.
                      Last edited by rusty bumper; Dec 11, 2005, 10:24 AM.
                      r. b.

Comment

Re: Traffic pet peeves

Originally posted by cydewaze [*] Drivers who run a stop sign in order to pull out in front of you because they don't want to waste the time stopping, but then drive 5mph below the speed limit once they're out on the road in front of you.
                        Happens everyday

A big pet peeve of mine- People who drive a Lexus or Mercedes. Maybe it's just here, but these ppl are always riding your...bumper, never signal, get upset when you pass them because they are doing 35 in a 65 and they then proceed to tailgate you @ 80 mph because of it, cut you off, etc, etc...

Just a little pet peeve- when you are going down a highway and there is a light, say 200 yards in front of you and it is red so they start braking, but it turns green when you still 100 yards away from it and they continue to brake up to the light itself, and then proceed to accelerate again.

Comment

roushstage2 i feel you pain it happens to me all the time accept its not just the lexus and benzes its like every kinda of car imaginable like ford broncos and infinities
                          lol it seems to happen to me like twice a month!!!
                          Patrick Yu
                          2003 Honda Accord
                          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Heres a real peeve of mine. I'll be on the interstate, going around 80 mph. I stay in the fast lane, since I'll pass those going 70. If there is somebody about 200 yards ahead of me going 80, I dont speed up.

What frustrates me are these people who think they always have to be in front of everybody else. I'll be going a sensible speed, and they'll think itd be a good idea to go ahead of me. So they bump it up and tail me, flashing their lights. I usually pull myself into the slower, 70mph lane, to let them pass, just so they can get caught right behind the other 80mph person and flash their lights.

If one decides to speed any more than 15 miles over the limit, I think it would be more courteous to just go around than to tail somebody who is already going 10 over.
                            Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                            Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');