• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brought my stuff in outta the cold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought my stuff in outta the cold.

Don't have a garage here, just a shed. I have been keeping most of my goodies in there through the warmer months. Winter is here so yesterday I brought everything in the house and did some organizing and condensing of it all.

After condensing it all I got it down to 4 cardboard boxes, 3 large plastic storage boxes, 7 ADS Gymbags, and three bookshelves. The only place a really had enough room for the boxes was on the floor of my bedroom closet. I still have to pull my regularly used stuff out of the trunk of my truck.

After having gotten everything together it dawned on me just how much stuff I actually had. I have got to work toward getting rid of some of this stuff.

So I have kind of decided to separate all my stuff into the various lines (I.E. Meguiar's, Gold Class, NXT, Detailer, Professional ). I boxed each line up indiviually and "hope" to use up the items of each line pretty much in the order I have them in above with the goal of pretty much ending up just keeping the Pro & Detailer lines around.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Re: Brought my stuff in outta the cold.

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
    After condensing it all I got it down to 4 cardboard boxes, 3 large plastic storage boxes, 7 ADS Gymbags, and three bookshelves. The only place a really had enough room for the boxes was on the floor of my bedroom closet. I still have to pull my regularly used stuff out of the trunk of my truck.
    That was AFTER condensing?

I hope you are planning to start detailing for some side cash with that kind of inventory! I don't even usually keep that much "on-hand," I'd rather store my supplies at the PBE shop, and just go buy more every few weeks.

Comment

Re: Re: Brought my stuff in outta the cold.

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

I hope you are planning to start detailing for some side cash with that kind of inventory! I don't even usually keep that much "on-hand," I'd rather store my supplies at the PBE shop, and just go buy more every few weeks.
      I know, I know
      Jeff Smith

Comment

Re: Brought my stuff in outta the cold.

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
        After condensing it all , 7 ADS Gymbags,

wow now i see were you purchased most if not all your supplies hehe.....

well one you can give some out for xmas....hint hint i'll take your detail line hehe j/k

two invite more family,freinds, co-workers to your house more often or go to the coin op more often and invite over or offer your services there and tell them how much you can make a difference there car ...

think of it as practice on different cars more practice the better...

by the way havent you gone through your car products since you detail every week....

hey did you get an opportunity practice using your makita on the old beater....
        Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

I just ended up putting my shelf in the basement and bringing items up as I go (even during the summer), I used to have it all go in my garage, but my garage isn't fully connected to the house so things freeze over and I got lazy moving all my items back and forth.

Here is a picture of items from last year..

My detailer line and other business related stuff is in my friends backroom in his warm 2 car garage.

I also have a cooler full of megs daily stuff that I keep in my car that I took out for the season already.

Jeff I'm jealous of the "trunk" in your pickup truck - I rarely have any room for anything in my daily drive miata but i'm happy when it takes me 10 minutes to QD the entire car
          2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

What up Paul........

how do you like the orange and blue bottle (L'''''') for leather does it clean real good and condition or do you prefer Megs or do you prefer another brand...

reason i ask was i was planning to try it since someone recommended it and he really likes it but he has a new car and you can put anything on it and it will look good but i figured you tried it on different cars...

nice set up.....i especailly like the Mags Bag.....
            by the way did you take with you the wheel brush fly back home .with no problems..lol
            Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Hey Miguel!

The L stuff you see is no longer in use, I used it only on my 1992 Galant VR-4, but that's then and the seats are harder and older - I didn't really like the fact that you have to rinse the seats off with water with the cleaner - the conditioner is fine.

Lately all I've been relying on is the leather cleaner/conditioner from the detailing line - if I needed to clean the leather I'd rather go w/ APC on 10:1 dilution or 4:1 if it's really dirty, other than that - I wouldn't go back to the L stuff.

The set up you see was last years, I've added much much more to the line up and have most of my stuff in a friends back room where it's easier to get via car.

I figure the wheel brush was a waste of space in my luggage and I didn't want to crush it - so I gave it to a friend whom I had dinner with that night as a bday gift along with a chamois.

How's the prius holding up?
              2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

I forgot to mention the I have no PBE store anywhere close. I have went to the PBE store sech page and ran a search in under several different zipcodes around here. I found plenty of Comnsumer line retailers and 1 marine. I have talked to a few retailers who all say "We'll, you give me a stock number and I can have it here in a few days." Well, No, Duh" I can do that myself with Meg's or ADS. I was in a Jam and needed an extra PC really fast. I called Rick @ 1:00 PM one day and had it in hand at 12 noon the following day.
                Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
                  wow now i see were you purchased most if not all your supplies hehe.....

well one you can give some out for xmas....hint hint i'll take your detail line hehe j/k

two invite more family,freinds, co-workers to your house more often or go to the coin op more often and invite over or offer your services there and tell them how much you can make a difference there car ...

think of it as practice on different cars more practice the better...

by the way havent you gone through your car products since you detail every week....

hey did you get an opportunity practice using your makita on the old beater....
                  I am not giving anything away. I have 4 vehicles I maintain regularly and still invite freinds over to do their rides up. I am trying to swith over entirely to supporting my truck with just the Pro and Detailer lines. I am trying to use up the consumer level products as best I can. As much as I fool with this stuff, it won't take me to long to thin out the mix.

Did not practice on the beater as yet. I did get brave and put the rotary to work on my truck yesterday. The details of which are here:
                  Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
                    I just ended up putting my shelf in the basement and bringing items up as I go (even during the summer), I used to have it all go in my garage, but my garage isn't fully connected to the house so things freeze over and I got lazy moving all my items back and forth.

Here is a picture of items from last year..

My detailer line and other business related stuff is in my friends backroom in his warm 2 car garage.

I also have a cooler full of megs daily stuff that I keep in my car that I took out for the season already.

Jeff I'm jealous of the "trunk" in your pickup truck - I rarely have any room for anything in my daily drive miata but i'm happy when it takes me 10 minutes to QD the entire car
                    I tend to not keep too much on shelves. The gallon jugs I keep in the original cardboard boxes. Rick at ADS always seems to tape the heck out of them for shipping purposes. The outside is always covered with tape 100% which helps keep them sturdy. Everything else I kkep in large plastic storage bins or the ADS bags. Even though I am not a Pro I like to keep things as portable and mobile as possible. Plus I have this security job with not much to do most of the time so I tend to do alot of my detailing on the job. I have all my ADS bags made up into various kits to support whatever I plan on knockng out that night. Grab the right bag and roll.
                    Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');