• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhh..the weather in the Midwest....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhh..the weather in the Midwest....

Well guy's the last two day's have been interesting. Yesterday we had 60 degree temps. humidity then severe thunderstorms, rain, hail
    wind and a few tornado's. Today it's 30degrees colder and snowing!! But car still beads!! Albeit they are now frozen beads.

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Yeah... I am in Iowa, we didn't get the tornadoes this round but a couple weeks ago we did. If you like variety the Midwest is the place to be!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Ought to be a interesting winter. Just don't like ice storms.

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc
        Ought to be a interesting winter. Just don't like ice storms.

Kelly
        Typical winter in Toto Land

They closed I-70 from Salina KS to Limon CO (nothing new there BTW)

I've got my Mach in the garage for the winter. But do drive it on those nice winter days to keep the battery charged and the oil circulating.

Totoland Mach
        Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

I'm with ya, any of you know any places around here where you can drive your car in (warmth) and wash your auto then pay instead of them washing and marring your auto?? As you can probably figure out, I don't have a garage but the truck is DIRTY!!
          Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

Originally posted by yndio
            I'm with ya, any of you know any places around here where you can drive your car in (warmth) and wash your auto then pay instead of them washing and marring your auto?? As you can probably figure out, I don't have a garage but the truck is DIRTY!!
            I hear ya yndio! I work part-time for a company in the Argentine district and have been scouting for a wash bay that's heated. I'm like you in that I don't mind paying $$ for a warm wash bay.

I'll holler at ya if I scare someplace up.

Totoland Mach
            Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Hey, I'll scout around too. Glad to hear other people are in the KC area. I used to work in the Argentine area!! Cindy's drive in was our breakfast stop.

Kelly

Comment

Ya'll are at the mercy of the weather with no mountains to intercept it and break it up. I've heard of the weather related horror stories that come out of the plains.

I remember one winter not too long ago, a news reporter from the midwest tossed a cup of hot water into the air and it turned into a frozen powder before it hit the ground!.....It was mighty cold that day.
                r. b.

Comment

Anyone's grass starting to green up, where is should covered in snow this time of year? It is in my neighborhood, just started to this week with a few 60 degree days and lots of sun.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

What? Winter? Texan are already having spring showers, and my trees are starting to bud up. Its about 65 here, the norm is about 50. We've been under fire danger for about 2.5 months now.

Comment

I've never seen a winter like this before. Maybe the good Lord had compassion on us since he knew energy prices would be extreme and allowed for milder weather.

I hope we still get a snow or two before Spring though.
                      r. b.

Comment

I agree R.B. Had a nice rain yesterday, needed it. Last gas bill much better due to warmer temps. We have crocus sticking through the ground. Take a look up north at Alaska, Arctic. It's getting mighty cold up there. Hope it does'nt come crashing down.

Comment

It has rained here 38 of the last 41 days. I'm starting to get a bit tired of it!
                          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Saw a robin this afternoon!! They must think it's spring.

Comment

THIS IS CALGARYS BEST WINTER YET!!!! ususally i would be driving in at least a foot of snow, but not this year i might have to go get my all season tires put back on
                              Patrick Yu
                              2003 Honda Accord
                              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');