• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Irony of Laundry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Irony of Laundry

I don't know about you folks with Wives. But my wife has threatened bodily harm to my posterior on several occasions if I did the laundry as I usually screw something up like washing new jeans with something else and it bleeds blue dye on everything.

But, when it came to doing my detailing stuff "I" was "king" of the washing machine!
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

How true that is. I usually bring my laundry home with me from college and my mom ends up doing it for me. Yet, when I am finished detailing I always make sure I do all of my towels, applicators, and wash mitts.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
      How true that is. I usually bring my laundry home with me from college and my mom ends up doing it for me. Yet, when I am finished detailing I always make sure I do all of my towels, applicators, and wash mitts.
      Hehe. I keep the Woolite hidden.
      Jeff Smith

Comment

Originally posted by travisdecpn
        Ditto that

Comment

I did the laundry once, and turned EVERYTHING pink..My wife told me to never go near the washing machine agian....

And I haven't for the last 21 years....
          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

How about this-- The platoon I was in while in the Marines wore red shorts and white t-shirts when we went running in the morning. Laundry duty was rotated around. One day myself and another Marine had laundry duty. We went around and collected everbodies "running gear" and threw all of it in the machine.

All the t-shrits turned pink!!!!!!!!

So the next morning we're out running and here we come big bad Marines wearing pink shirts!!!!!!!

As far as my detailing rags I haul them down to the local coin laundry to wash. I don't want that stuff in my home machine. I also use 6 to 7 machines at once so itis quicker to wash at the coin laundry anyway.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
              How about this-- The platoon I was in while in the Marines wore red shorts and white t-shirts when we went running in the morning. Laundry duty was rotated around. One day myself and another Marine had laundry duty. We went around and collected everbodies "running gear" and threw all of it in the machine.

All the t-shrits turned pink!!!!!!!!

So the next morning we're out running and here we come big bad Marines wearing pink shirts!!!!!!!

As far as my detailing rags I haul them down to the local coin laundry to wash. I don't want that stuff in my home machine. I also use 6 to 7 machines at once so itis quicker to wash at the coin laundry anyway.
              Joe I bet you were real popular with the rest of the guys that morning. I think with this bunch that I work with, if one of them did that, they would likely duct tape him to a chair for the morning. For some reason I would find it "VERY" hard to believe that they did not seek a little payback from you guys.
              Jeff Smith

Comment

My style is to wash my own clothes and my clothes only. My dad's clothes are ok to wash, since they are the same type of clothes that I own, but women's clothes are HANDS OFF.

If you are having problems with colors bleeding onto other clothes, look for a color magnet (i think thats what its called) on the next grocery trip. I'm alway amazed at the amount of color it soaks up from my clothes.
                Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
                Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlack
                  My style is to wash my own clothes and my clothes only. My dad's clothes are ok to wash, since they are the same type of clothes that I own, but women's clothes are HANDS OFF.

If you are having problems with colors bleeding onto other clothes, look for a color magnet (i think thats what its called) on the next grocery trip. I'm alway amazed at the amount of color it soaks up from my clothes.
                  I wish I had read this before doing laundry the other day. I dunno what happened but the Blue Jeans I am wearing right now have a pinkish hue to them.
                  Jeff Smith

Comment

Pink is in Bro..relax

Comment

I have a seperate washer and dryer for my detailing rags, got them free through the newspaper ad.

My wife forbids me to wash them in her washer and dryer, and the chinese guy at the coin-op was getting pissed when i washed my dirty rags.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');