• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Motor Oil Do you Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Motor Oil Do you Prefer?

I have used Mobil 1 for many years now. I have tried other oils, inlcuding Amsoil, but I usually stick to Mobil 1.

Comment

Castol Edge here, started using it 10k ago.
      '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
      '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

This is what I use yo

Comment

Amsoil, hands down. In all my equipment, motorcycles, cars, trucks. The original 100% synthetic oil.
          James Cooney
          Owner
          http://GrimeBustersPressureWashing.com

Comment

Our engineers had to do a cost and eval on synthetic and I was told by them that Mobil1 has the most consistant size of the oil molecules.
            More uniform molecules = less friction. Inconsistent molecule size = more friction. This is something some other synthetic oils do not have..
            This has been confirmed by independent labs as well as ExxonMobile.

H.
            Abrasive List

Best Regards;

Herb

Comment

i use royal purple 5w30 motor oil for the engine and max gear 75w90 for the transaxle..only stuff ill use
              Addicted

Comment

Originally posted by hmeister View Post
                Our engineers had to do a cost and eval on synthetic and I was told by them that Mobil1 has the most consistant size of the oil molecules.
                More uniform molecules = less friction. Inconsistent molecule size = more friction. This is something some other synthetic oils do not have..
                This has been confirmed by independent labs as well as ExxonMobile.

H.
                Of course the oil maker confirmed it. What oils did they compare against? I'd be interesting in hearing this because I can tell you when UOA's are performed, Mobil1 is not at the top. Just to re-iterate before someone loses it (for some reason, you say anything even potentially negative about M1, and people who use it go crazy), I am NOT saying Mobil1 is bad, but that it is NOT the best oil out there.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                  Of course the oil maker confirmed it. What oils did they compare against? I'd be interesting in hearing this because I can tell you when UOA's are performed, Mobil1 is not at the top. Just to re-iterate before someone loses it (for some reason, you say anything even potentially negative about M1, and people who use it go crazy), I am NOT saying Mobil1 is bad, but that it is NOT the best oil out there.
                  Yes your correct about a forum, I don't want to stir the pot around here and get someone cranky...

Sorry, I don't know about what others they tested against but that it was explained to us about the consistant size. (this is part of M1's PR stuff and they advertise this) Of course in the discussion Castrol came up and it was noted that Castrol does not have the same consistancy as M1. That may not even mean anything when I discussed this with another engineer I work with and this was discussed as well.

I don't have a preference regarding syn oil as I am still using regular oil in my 97 Continental...

H.
                  Abrasive List

Best Regards;

Herb

Comment

I use Lucas synthetics in everything I own. From my truck to my dirtbike. Kinda hard to pass it up when I sell it at work. lol
                    Tracy
                    765-413-7547
                    Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

mobil 1 or castrol syntec 0w30 with zddplus which ever is on sale at the time.
                      1984 buick grand national 1987 engine

1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4 winter beater

Comment

Good choice.

The Castrol Syntec 0w30 is an exceptional oil and is nothing like the other Castrol Syntec oil of different weights. The Castrol Syntec 0w30 is in a league of its own. The difference is more than just weight... it is far superior to the 5w30. The weight may appear light, but its lubrication and protection is more similar to 10w40.

If your car requires 5w30 synthetic oil, 0w30 Castrol Syntec will be an ideal choice.

Comment

Amsoil only. For my 86 pontiac also 06 charger rt.

Comment

Motul for me. Ever since Mobil 1 went cheap and call themselve's synthetic, don't waste your money!! Not even considered syn. anymore!! And they raised the price at that!!! Motul ATF for me went from adding about a quart every 4000 miles to adding no oil!!! Truck has actually stopped burning oil and runs smoother. Don't hear lifters during start-up. And the best part is it's the same cost as MOBIL 1 !! And it is a true synthetic!!

Comment

Castrol because it is liquid engineering.

Comment

Chevron Delo400

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');