• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UQW Vs. NXT Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UQW Vs. NXT Spray Wax

Do you prefer UQW or NXT Spray Wax? I voted NXT Spray Wax. tonight I washed and UQW'd the Caddi. I found it went on very easily but it was hard to see where I wiped and where I didn't wipe. I didn't like that it didn't haze like NXT Spray wax does.

I aslo found UQW a bit more difficult to wipe off than NXT Spary Wax. UWQ also seemed to overspay on the windows that was really hard to wipe off. Wenit was all done though I was impressed by the deep deep gloss it left on the paint.

I saturated a MF and wiped it on the paint while spraying some on the paint directly from time to time, let it set up, then wiped it off. Maybe next time I will do it one section at a time.
    NXT Spray Wax (Purple bottle, green spray head)
    14.89%
    New Ultimate Quik Wax (UQW, black bottle)
    85.11%

Re: UQW Vs. NXT Spray Wax

How do I make that a poll?

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
      Did it for you... let me know if it needs to be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
        Did it for you... let me know if it needs to be adjusted.
        Perfect! How do I do that?

Comment

Perfect! How do I do that?
          My control panel is different than normal users- so to be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I believe you have the option to add it while creating the thread.

Comment

Well i voted UQW

simply amazing on paint, trim, and even glass
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

UQW for me...

Ease of application (I just buff it into the paint personally, which is a method that works for me).

It looks fantastic on my red car...people have been complimenting me, and my friends have been telling me how badly they wished they had a red car after seeing mine haha.

It is so quick and easy... it's almost unbelievable. I love how I can spray it all over the trim too.

I used it on my windows, and buffed it in. Didn't streak, and made the glass sheet water better than anything I have used before.

Winner in my book.

Comment

Just tried UQW for the first time Sunday. I didn't know it could be used on glass, but i'm glad to hear it since there was no way to prevent overspray without extraordinary efforts. I washed my car Saturday morning, but the day started getting too hot, and I had to put off the UQW for Sunday morning. Up bright and early Sunday AM, I quickly went over my car's finish with Last Touch and applied the UQW before the sun started to heat up. I really liked the results, working it into the paint with a folded microfiber cloth. I was probably too generous with the application, but I decided to err on the side of caution.

Comment

Do you prefer UQW or NXT Spray Wax? I voted NXT Spray Wax. tonight I washed and UQW'd the Caddi. I found it went on very easily but it was hard to see where I wiped and where I didn't wipe. I didn't like that it didn't haze like NXT Spray wax does.

I aslo found UQW a bit more difficult to wipe off than NXT Spary Wax. UWQ also seemed to overspay on the windows that was really hard to wipe off. Wenit was all done though I was impressed by the deep deep gloss it left on the paint.

I saturated a MF and wiped it on the paint while spraying some on the paint directly from time to time, let it set up, then wiped it off.
                  Maybe next time I will do it one section at a time.
                  I think the problem was in your usage of UQW. It is a wipe on, wipe off product that is to be used exactly like a quick detailer; there is no drying/setup time for it, just keep on wiping it until it disappears and slightly buff with a dry microfiber to bring out the shine.

For me, I just bought UQW and I can't get enough of it! Beads like no other, and incredibly easy to use!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
                    I think the problem was in your usage of UQW. It is a wipe on, wipe off product that is to be used exactly like a quick detailer; there is no drying/setup time for it, just keep on wiping it until it disappears and slightly buff with a dry microfiber to bring out the shine.

For me, I just bought UQW and I can't get enough of it! Beads like no other, and incredibly easy to use!
                    Actually, the proper way to apply UQW is to spray it onto an applicator, buff it on, then allow to haze, then buff off.

That's the secret to it, says Mike Phillips.

But I think that I might as well be using NXT 2.0 Wax in place, so I just spray it on and wipe off like a detailer as well
                    Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                      Actually, the proper way to apply UQW is to spray it onto an applicator, buff it on, then allow to haze, then buff off.

But I think that I might as well be using NXT 2.0 Wax in place, so I just spray it on and wipe off like a detailer as well

i use it in place of Rain X on my windows now

now the Rain X bottle is gonna collect some dust
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Check out this thread,

How To Post a Poll

While you're there...

Vote in the poll!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post

Details details.

The funny part s even though I typed that out, I actually spray it on the towel and apply as well LOL!

Comment

I think I can now officially change my vote to UQW! I've used this stuff a few more times since posting this poll. I now only apply to a small section and wipe off right after. I use it the same as UQD. Using it this way seems to work much better. The gloss left behind is so much better than NXT spray wax, plus no worries of white residue or even streaking for that matter!

Comment

So basically you can use UQW anywhere on the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');