• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of us in the colder winter climates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those of us in the colder winter climates...

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    They probably think...wonder if he'll wash mine if I ask
    LOL! Actually I did have about 2 ask me that question! Then I had one older lady who always sees me washing and ALWAYS tells me, it is going to rain in a sarcastic voice! I just smile and say, "Yep, and then I will have to wash it again! " LOLOLOL

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

[QUOTE=Tech154;189013]Its knida tough to keep your baby looking at its best during the winter time. Here in Long Island,NY we're about to get between 6-12" today, you can see how frustrating it is. Not only that, my Impala "THE BLACK PEARL" sleeps outside because I live in a apt. complex, I have zero choice and all I can do just try to keep that deep & glossy shine throughout the 12 months. Anyone with any ideas or advice, there more than welcome. [

Get one of the easy pop up tents(make sure its anchored) and do on a relative mild day that can be tolerated, then detail it.
      As long as apartment lease office doesnt mind....in fact they may want you to do their's - lol
      Last edited by WrightDetail; Feb 7, 2008, 06:54 AM. Reason: added comment
      WrightDetail
      The Wright Way
      2007 Chevy HHR
      2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

We have relatively mild winters where I live (Okla) so I can wash normally every couple of weeks
        2006 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
        2007 Dark Blue Mini Cooper S

Comment

Originally posted by Duff View Post
          If I had a garage that I could pull the car into after the wash I would do this every week. But since I don't it will have to wait until it warms up a bit.

I wanna know who he gets to take his pictures for him...that person is as crazy as he is...my guess is the wife...it's what mine would do for me !!
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
            I wanna know who he gets to take his pictures for him...that person is as crazy as he is...my guess is the wife...it's what mine would do for me !!
            LOL! Yeah...my wife took those pictures. In fact, she even helped washing the car. I felt sorry for her as she got pretty cold, but I am proud that she wanted to try and help!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford View Post
              LOL! Yeah...my wife took those pictures. In fact, she even helped washing the car. I felt sorry for her as she got pretty cold, but I am proud that she wanted to try and help!

Tim
              Sounds like the kind of life partner that every man should have....I have one like that too...
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                Sounds like the kind of life partner that every man should have....I have one like that too...

That makes three of us!

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 101impala View Post
                  That makes three of us!

Andy
                  4 of us
                  WrightDetail
                  The Wright Way
                  2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! You Yanks have no idea what cold is about. We had over 12 feet of snow & temps as low as minus 40 fahrenheit. We struggle through, go to the local "touchless" to get rid of the salt, hope the doors don't freeze & drink more Scotch. What is your problem?? - IAN

Comment

Originally posted by ianrayburn View Post
                      Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! You Yanks have no idea what cold is about. We had over 12 feet of snow & temps as low as minus 40 fahrenheit. We struggle through, go to the local "touchless" to get rid of the salt, hope the doors don't freeze & drink more Scotch. What is your problem?? - IAN
                      Glad ur a cold lover
                      WrightDetail
                      The Wright Way
                      2007 Chevy HHR

Comment

I can sometimes wash it in a heated garage. It just depends on timing.
                        Joel
                        Firefighter/EMT-B
                        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                        '99 F-150

Comment

I will generally wait 'til the weather breaks. This is my first winter with the Mazda and I'm not looking forward to seeing it dirty. Not sure if an automatic wash is even feasible since I lowered the car on Eibach springs. Bought the all-weather mats the other day to keep the salt off the black carpeting!

Comment

As I am reading all of these posts, They all say spraying the most of it off, Are you guys just using water to get off the most of it, or actualy using the bad soap and doing it all out.

A thing like that upsets (edited for language - Mike P.) a guy. Car wash places using bad soap. (Edited for langauge - Mike P.)

Would it be worth the money to try that no rinse stuff?

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
                            My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Well, I live in Turkey...

And the weather temp. is generally above 10°C, except January and February
                              Skoda Roomster

Comment

I wait until an above freezing day and at the very least, give the cars a nice hose down and flush out the wheel wells and undercarriage the best that I can. On the fare warmer days, anything close to 40 degrees, I will give it a nice "complete" wash and dry. When I just "spray down" a car to remove the heavy salt and sand, I never dry it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');