• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pressure Washer?

I bought one several years ago but rarely use it. By the time I hook up the hose to it and the electric I can have my car already washed. If you use it you still need to wash by hand the pressure washer will not get it clean.
    I find it is more useful for cleaning the garage floor and the siding on the house than using it for the car.
    Black Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
      I bought one several years ago but rarely use it. By the time I hook up the hose to it and the electric I can have my car already washed. If you use it you still need to wash by hand the pressure washer will not get it clean.
      I find it is more useful for cleaning the garage floor and the siding on the house than using it for the car.
      I takes me less than a minute to hook it up with quick connects to the hose and I have an electric outlet right next to the hose in the garage. Yes, you still need to use soap and hand wash it, I wouldn't' think of trying blast away the dirt with just the sprayer. It regulates the water pressure so you use less water, my DI system needs regulated so it works perfect and for wheels, tires and especially wheel wells and under body it can't be beat. I spray the wheel wells with APC, hit it with the Karcher, and then squirt them with Hyper Dressing 3:1, no scrubbing whatsoever and this is the result:

Comment

Now that is a detail job! Just washing and waxing is not good enough. You have to do the wheels, tires and WHEEL WELLS! Along with door jams and engine. To me it doesn't look right and it isn't a detail worth over looking.

Comment

I use one off and on. Sometimes I feel that some dust and dirt is still on the car when i wash with just a hose. My pressure washer is also very weak and you can adjust the end to spray light or a full on jet of stream.

PS. I also saw 'the world's greatest detailer video' and I think the guy is kind of a joke. He waxed with his hands! Cmon, waxing with your hands???? Wiping on clean clearcoat with your figer will haze it pretty easily. I wouldn't trust him with my stang even for his 6month billion dollar jungle wa x

Comment

Thanks Tom. I purchased the Karcher 1750psi model K3.92 and used it to wash my driveway, BBQ grill and my Integra. Soon I'll be purchasing the CR Spotless to comliment the Karcher.
            Matt
            2007 Lexus RX350
            1998 Acura Integra

Comment

Only on trail bikes and farm atv's

Trev

Comment

I washed my car with a Cub Cadet electric pressure washer today. I do not know the model number or the psi output of water, but I used it on my whole car. On the wheels/tires it worked very well. Same with under the wheel wells. However, on the paint it was a different story. Even though I sprayed the car 1-2 feet away to lessen the impact, it was no use. It was too powerful. It stripped the wax right off

I am now only using the pressure washer on the wheels/tires.

Comment

I use garden hose with an adjustable noozle, never use a high pressure washer. Somehow more or less it would demage the paint work for sure....
                  Is not how you shine your car, Is what you shine your car with

Comment

I have a car cleaning business and only use the pressure washer when cleaning a muddy vehicle. I feel it is overkill using it on the typical vehicle, a garden hose, Meguiars Car Wash Soap and a soft brush is more than adequate.

Comment

I use the garden hose and control the pressure hitting the car with my finger...I know, ancient, but good enough for me.

For the wheels and wheel wells, definitely a stronger spray to dislodge mud and dirt and stuff, but for the paintwork, I change the pressure to something like a sprinkler to remove the top layer of dust and stuff.

Then, it's the mitt and shampoo handwash show.....
                      It's all a passion....

Comment

I use a pressure washer thru out the entire wash and rinse. Saves tons of time and water.

San Antonio Mobile Car Wash
                        San Antonio, TX

Comment

Originally posted by TripleDES View Post
                          I'm considering the Karcher 1750psi electric model. It has an adjustable nozzle that allows me to reduce the pressure.
                          I have one of those and it *****. The damn thing doesn't want to turn on half the time when you squeeze the trigger. You have to turn the "on-off" switch to get it to reactivate. My Dad purchased it instead of gas model and even he regrets it now.
                          2016 Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
                            I have one of those and it *****. The damn thing doesn't want to turn on half the time when you squeeze the trigger. You have to turn the "on-off" switch to get it to reactivate. My Dad purchased it instead of gas model and even he regrets it now.
                            Yes, I've read the dependability issues. I still bought it...along with the replacement warranty from Sears so if it does decide to break down on me, I can just get it exchanged.
                            Matt
                            2007 Lexus RX350
                            1998 Acura Integra

Comment

I have been debating getting one. If it is really dirty I go to the car wash.
                              Then head home and hand wash it. Works for me.
                              The expense and storage I am wrestling with.
                              MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

I have the Karcher 3.96 M that I got at Costco. I use is all the time. The hoses and detergent bottle fit inside the unit. I use it to rinse off the car. Then apply the detergent for hand washing. The unit is really great for this. I can set it to more or less foam the detergent. Then the final rinse. I use it on full power when rinsing but I keep the end of the hose at least 12 - 18" away.
                                My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');