• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's oldest known working Cyclo for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's oldest known working Cyclo for sale

***NOTE*** I'm not selling this Cyclo polisher and I do not know the seller, but I posted this ad more as an item of interest for Cyclo enthusiasts here on Megs. I found the ad while browsing Craigslist San Diego, and I thought it was amazing that a 55 year old Cyclo (or any electric tool) would still be in good working order. I have not contacted the seller so I have no idea if the Cyclo is still available, but for those of you interested the ad was as recent as 2/13/2009. Certainly a testament to a well designed and well built piece of equipment.

Cyclo Polisher - $150 (La Mesa)

Reply to: sale-1034133498@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2009-02-13, 10:13PM PST

This is the Sears Craftsman version of the Cyclo Polisher. Cyclo sold these through Sears in the mid 1950s and this particular polisher in the photos below is the WORLD'S OLDEST KNOWN WORKING CYCLO POLISHER!!!!! It is EXACTLY the same as a new Cyclo except it say Sears on the ID tag and Craftsman on the handle. In every other aspect, it IS a Cyclo as explained to me by the staff at Cyclo Manufacturing in Colorado.

I have been in constant contact with staff at Cyclo and they assure me this unit is the oldest working unit they have seen. The manufacturing date and serial number on the riveted plate say 1954!

This unit operates like new! No vibration. It has NEW velcro pads, new heat shrink handle grip and a new power cord. It is in PERFECT working condition. The only thing not included are foam pads available through car detailing stores like Rightlook or directly from Cyclo.

This is a mint condition historical item that has given me years of service and shows NO indication it won't go for another 50 years!

New units are near $300 and are virtually the same design as in the 1950s. And YES, Cyclo still sells parts for this unit even though it's in perfect working order!

The best dual head polisher ever made! http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1034133498

Re: World's oldest known working Cyclo for sale

That's pretty cool!

Over 50 years old and it still works?!?! Amazing!
    Scott

Comment

Some how I don't think any tool made today will last 50+ years.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

That is awesome.
        Good Luck selling!!
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Wow, that is impressive! My PC didn't even last a year before I broke it into 2 pieces lol. Thank you warranty

Very cool though
          Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

If it breaks you can always go to sears and get a new one.
            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

That is awesome. I regret selling my Cyclo everytime I do a motorhome!

Awesome machine.
              www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');