• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How NOT to package a shipment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How NOT to package a shipment.

This is getting toooo good. I hope the scammer is so upset opening the package. Maybe this will teach him. This is great Chris.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

This is great! I would love to see his face.

Kelly
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by MSIGuy View Post
        You missed one very important step in this processes. When you place your smaller box inside your larger box, the correct procedure is to use expanding foam to fill the gap in the boxes.
        l
        I LIKE THAT ONE!!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB CHRIS
        ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
        You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
        Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

PorscheGuy997,

Have you gotten any feedback from the scammer on this package.

Andrew
          2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Well, I got a call last week from the guy and he wanted to work things out.

After about two weeks, I left him negative feedback on the same watch site. He then tried to sell a watch, but could not do so because of the bad feedback. He felt it necessary to leave me some bogus and slandering feedback, so I was steamed.

Let me just say that he was torqued about the box. He somehow managed to cut up his fingers...

Then, I told him how much money I spent and he forgot about the box.

So, while I still have my doubts, it was kinda nice to bring this to an end (almost three months later).
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

PorscheGuy997,

I wonder why he cut his hands? That may have to due with the couple of hidden box staples on 3 boxes. He definately got what he got coming to him. I am glad you where able to prevent someone else from getting scammed by providing your feedback.

Andrew
              2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

Well the scammer cut his hands. Oh what a shame. Glad he is having a tough time selling watches. Its amazing after he tries to rip you off. You go to all this trouble just to right the wrong. Give a little negative feedback about his shady dealings. Then he wants to work it out. Why? So he can scam someone else?
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Wow! That box is packed tighter than a chastity belt. LOL Glad to hear you got your money back. That Gorilla Glue is some awsome stuff.
                  2016 Focus ST

Comment

Nice job,I might have taken the watch in a plastic bag and duct tape, and sprayed the expanding foam inside of the box around the watch,and then wrapped it the way you did just to make there life even more difficult.

Comment

I would have left the watch out altogether, sending just the empty watch box. When he calls all irate (you know he's leaving a negative anyway) it's "Oops, sorry forgot to put the watch back in, I'll send it out today." A few days later he receives another identical box/packing...

Comment

I guess that I came to this post ex post facto. What originally happened? Did the person (ala scammer) not send you a watch or try to send you a fraudulent copy? I am curious but morbidly delighted in the return shipping method.

Comment

Well, I'll try to explain the condition of the watch.

The watch was originally a Rolex 5513. I intended to purchase a Rolex 16613 - 18k/SS Submariner.

In order to make it look like a 16613, the dial had been changed to a blue one, but he left the meters / feet script original (dead giveaway). The bracelet and bezel had been changed to the 18k/SS version. The last flaw was that the bezel didn't rotate and had been glued down.

As much as I would like to distribute his name, location, and what he did, I really can't.
                          Chris
                          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

No problem , sounds like just desserts IMO.

Comment

Nice packaging!
                              2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                              2005 Honda CRF250R
                              2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Nice job, I would have loved to be there while he struggled opening it!

I'll second the expanding foam trick....
                                Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                                08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                                98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                                82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');