• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a GREAT Detailer in Fort Myers, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a GREAT Detailer in Fort Myers, FL

Hey guys,

Long time lurker but this is my First Post!!! After trying to do a great job myself I'm giving up!!! I have two black cars that need some work; a '99 Mercedes SLK and a '97 Porsche Boxster.

The SLK has alot of swirl marks! The side window was busted out and I had to get the trunk deck and hood repainted from broken glass. The paint is dull and not perfect...unfortunately the shop that performed the work is now out of business, So I can't get them to do nothing about it.

I've always been a Mequiars user but wasn't get the result I'm looking for...a corvette friend of mine uses another product..(Z**no) so I tired there products, but wasn't happy with the results. Today I clay barred, used scratch X for three applications and NXT and I've still got swirls...

The Boxster has alot of swirls and three "smudges" on the hood....I need a REALLY good detailer, but just don't want to pick one out of the phone book...any recommendations???

Re: Looking for a GREAT Detailer in Fort Myers, FL

Ask your co-workers, golf buddies, church goers, search the paper, google detailers in FMB, Sanabelle Island area, or take it to the local MB Porsche dealer. or hell, pay for my, and my partner's flight and I will go there personally. (anything is nicer then NY, and I do mostly MBz)

call or pm me with questions. 315.863.5264

Comment

Todd Helm aka TH0001 posts to this forum and lives in Florida, not sure where off-hand...

Here's his provile page from which you can send him a PM or e-mail.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Todd is in Orlando. Orlando is about 175 -200 miles north of Ft Myers.

I had the pleasure of meeting Todd last week. Awesome guy! He has a great enthusiasm for detailing. A detail where we might tag team a couple of Ferraris was mentioned for sometime in the future. Lets see.....
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Thanks for some great replies...my wife thinks I'm just too anal...here are some pics of yesterdays job...

Maybe time to go out and get a Porter Cable and try a machine..I've always been paranoid of causing more harm than good... I know most of you are looking at these pics and saying.."what...you call that dull..." trust me, it looks good next to most cars I see, but I'm looking to get that show car "glass" finish. This car is a '99 with under 30,000 miles...I'm hoping a really good detailer can bring it to the next level, and with his advice I can maintain it.

I think I'll get hold of Todd, I have an office in Orlando that I go to about twice a quarter, Plus my family and I spend alot of time at Disney ( annual ticket holders...I'm a big kid, just have better toys now )

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK _SLK View Post
            I know most of you are looking at these pics and saying.."what...you call that dull..."
            Not on this forum. I clearly see the finish can be greatly improved.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
              Not on this forum. I clearly see the finish can be greatly improved.
              I'm glad someone else see what I see!!!!...my wife thinks I'm nuts!!!...look at the hood..the left side is very noticeable, but it looks "blurry"...small imperfections in the paint (small dimples if you will)

I've been searching ebay all night, I've got a bid on an Griots unit...search for Porter cable came back with 0 results

Comment

Here is a write up on the Girots machine I did awhile ago -
                http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Griots

Comment

Great write up Joe!!! looking at your details is what makes me want to get a great detailer to do my cars....the black Boxster you did...thats what I want my Boxster to look like!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure Todd will treat you (your car) right.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK _SLK View Post
                      I'm glad someone else see what I see!!!!...my wife thinks I'm nuts!!!...look at the hood..the left side is very noticeable, but it looks "blurry"...small imperfections in the paint (small dimples if you will)

I've been searching ebay all night, I've got a bid on an Griots unit...search for Porter cable came back with 0 results
                      At first I thought the finish looked great but I did notice the left side of the hood as being an indication of the clarity & shine it truly is lacking, but didn't think much of it until I read your next post. Now I know I'm not nuts. I'm sure Todd will do great as Joe has mentioned.
                      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Todd does a great job. He will get the benz looking the way you want it. Good luck and keep us posted on the results.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

If you can't get a hold of Todd, just PM me and i can get his # for you or get Brian for you..........Angelo

Comment

Picked up the Porsche...she looks great...I can see some slight swirl...is it possible to be 100% swirl free???

Comment

Who did it? Looks good in the pics.

Swirl free, how much do you want to spend? We get small cars 99% swirl free for about $1000 - $1500.

That last 10% is 20 times the work!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');