• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does the NXT Wax Tech 2.0 really lasts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does the NXT Wax Tech 2.0 really lasts?

I wash my car every weekend with NXT Car wash. Last week I washed and I waxed. Today I washed again and I felt the wax left with the soap. (I use meguiars wash mitt to wash and water magnet to dry).

When rinsing I fell the wax is going away with my hand and I also notice the paint is not repelling water as much as used to. And it doesn't look as shiny.

Wasn't it suppose to last 3 to 4 months?

Re: How long does the NXT Wax Tech 2.0 really lasts?

Yeah, you should get more than 1 week and 1 wash out of it.

It does, as a general rule of thumb last about three months, but there are a lot of variables that could effect that.

For it to last only week, I'm thinking it could be your prep. Did you clay and/or polish before waxing? What kind of condition was the paint in before you waxed?

The other thing is that slickness and water beading aren't always a sign of the presence of wax; i.e. just because it doesn't feel as slick and the water isn't beading as much, doesn't mean the wax isn't still there.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

How can I know if the wax is still there?

Yes I clay before but not polished. The paint is in great condition, brand new car. I also bother me a lot that so much dust gather on it. Its very annoying, its like wash every weekend is not enough. I would like to buy the rinseless wash but its not available in Brazil.

Comment

There's a method called the "Squeak Test" that you could try to test if your wax is still there. Do a search for it on here.

How did you apply / remove the wax?

As for the dust, a waterless wash would be a good option to remove it (say) daily. If you can't get WW over there, a QD is another option, providing it's only light dust.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thank you for the tip! The Squeak Test will do it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');