• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a feeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a feeling...

that UWWA will be discontinued... I picked up a couple of bottles from Autozone courtesy of this thread: Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere for 2 at autozone!.

I asked the guy if they had more in stock and he said no. Whatever's on the shelf is all we have. He quickly added that they won't be getting any more of them in the future.

To Meguiar's: Will UWWA be discontinued? I hope not because it's such a great waterless product. AFAIK, Autozone is the only retail store that carries UWWA and if they stop carrying it, then it means that the demand from regular consumers isn't there. I don't think Meguiar's will continue selling product wherein the regular consumers aren't buying. Think the Gold Class brushes. To us detailing enthusiasts, they were great products but the demand from the regular consumer just wasn't there.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Re: I have a feeling...

If that is the case, I am going to buy as much of it as I can find. I have found it at PepBoys and Autozone as well...

Comment

I allways thought $14.99 was steep. But at $2 a bottle after mail in rebate its worth picking a few bottles.

Comment

WalMart, O'Reilly and Advance Auto all had it at one time. I love it for bug removal and waterless wash. Showed it to my nephew, he wants 5 gallon size for his motor home. Concentrate or cheaper would be nice.

Sad if it goes away.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

I didn't know pepboys and o'reilly's carried them as well. At least there are other alternatives to get them locally.

Originally posted by goldenlight View Post
          I allways thought $14.99 was steep. But at $2 a bottle after mail in rebate its worth picking a few bottles.
          The $2 is only for one bottle because the rebate is per family. I wished it was at least per person. But at $6.99, it's still a steal!

Comment

It's not being discontinued. It just came out.
            I wouldn't take Meg's production info from some guy at a store.
            and at 15 bucks it's cheap. I can wash 5-7 cars with one bottle. so that's 2-3 a wash AND wax. Cheap, cheap, cheap.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I'm hopeful Megs will re-merchandise UWWA as a concentrate under the Detailer line, I assume that would help reduce the cost if we could buy it buy the gallon as a concentrate?

2013/2014 item?? hint hint Megs!!
              "STRIFE" aka Phil
              2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
              2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
              2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Marc,

My nephew just emailed me. He bought the last two bottles at AutoZone today, but 14 more coming Thursday. He bought all 16 for 6 bucks each.

Concentrate still sounds better.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

Not bad price for $6.99 each

Comment

I got one bottle, but no rebate on it. Is there ones to print out anywhere?
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I really hope that it will not be discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                        I really hope that it will not be discontinued.
                        I hope not eather! I just finished off a bottle tonight.
                        2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                        1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                        1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                        1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

UWWA has to stay otherwise I won't be able to survive winter times.

Concentrated or more economically priced larger version would be nice to see. It's a truly amazing waterless wash plus protection.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
                            UWWA has to stay otherwise I won't be able to survive winter times.

Concentrated or more economically priced larger version would be nice to see. It's a truly amazing waterless wash plus protection.
                            Hey Greg! How's it going?!

Yes I agree a concentrated version will make it more bearable.

Comment

So thanks to this thread I was able to go get some bottles at autozone. I thought about getting this item on Saturday at another store but saw the $14.99 price and put it back down. May pick up a few more at the lower price. Thanks to autozone rewards card system I had a $20 credit. So for two bottles of UWWA and Ultimate Detailer I paid a whopping total of $7. That is without the rebates. But i agree with everyone here, that after using this product, I would prefer a more cost effective version of the same thing. $14.99 is a decent price based on the amount of car "washes" in the bottle but the $6 price sounds a lot better. A 1 gallon concentrate or even smaller would make me happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');