• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now a 100% Ultimate Liquid Wax user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now a 100% Ultimate Liquid Wax user

Despite the fact that I have about 10 bottles of NXT 2.0 Liquid wax in reserve, I have become a Ultimate liquid wax user. This is not a reflection on NXT in any way and I may use it from time to time. But I have been waxing my car with ULW for about 5 days straight, I came home yesterday and the car was absolutely shining in the sunlight. So I am going to use it the rest of the warm season here in PA. I like the smell of it...lol...I don't know what it is, don't ruin it for me...but it's pleasant. I love the results and the ease of use...and I also like the fact that I can apply it to every surface of my car. The current mustang has a lot of black trim that I can apply it to, and it makes it look great...rich, but not shiny, just as I like it. Yes, It still streaks like crazy on my car...but I nearly wash my car every day, so it takes care of that. I still hope for a Ultimate Wax 2.0, as I believe there is room for improvement...but overall...I will be using this wax for the near future.

Re: Now a 100% Ultimate Liquid Wax user

It's just a phase. You'll get over it. The next phase is experimentation. Your car will become a patchwork of a variety of waxes. Finally you'll mark the calendar with dates for using specific waxes. No fear, there is a support group. We're here for ya.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

lol...I know wax preference goes in phases. NXT 2.0 has been my favorite for about 6 years...so I tend to stick with one for a while...but do tend to throw in a wax here and there in the duration of that period. But for now the only wax I have in my trunk is ULW.

Comment

Pics?..................I have the same ride.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Have you tried ultimate paste? Apparently it applies more traditionally and doesnt streak as much, might stain the trim though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
            I have been waxing my car with ULW for about 5 days straight,
            It took you 5 days to wax your car? Or you waxed it 5 times on 5 consecutive days?

Or do you mean the last 5 times you've waxed it?

Thanks for sharing btw.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

The last time I used Ultimate liquid, I used it in the sun and it seemed to be easier to work with.
              2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
              2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Apollo IV View Post
                Despite the fact that I have about 10 bottles of NXT 2.0 Liquid wax in reserve, I have become a Ultimate liquid wax user. This is not a reflection on NXT in any way and I may use it from time to time. But I have been waxing my car with ULW for about 5 days straight, I came home yesterday and the car was absolutely shining in the sunlight. So I am going to use it the rest of the warm season here in PA. I like the smell of it...lol...I don't know what it is, don't ruin it for me...but it's pleasant. I love the results and the ease of use...and I also like the fact that I can apply it to every surface of my car. The current mustang has a lot of black trim that I can apply it to, and it makes it look great...rich, but not shiny, just as I like it. Yes, It still streaks like crazy on my car...but I nearly wash my car every day, so it takes care of that. I still hope for a Ultimate Wax 2.0, as I believe there is room for improvement...but overall...I will be using this wax for the near future.
                Wow, nice... Last time you weren't that pleased with Ultimate Wax... Maybe it takes time to get to like something new, but good that it worked for you. I do feel meguiars needs to do something to improve Ultimate Wax. I feel it shouldn't take so long for a product to be liked by enthusiasts. It's nice, but could be just a bit better to really make it a winner, not really Ultimate Wax 2.0, but sort of a slight alteration to the formula. Sometimes too big a jump in technology can have negative effects on consumers and give mixed results... Some spectacular, others patchy, some just turned off from the inconsistent results. I sometimes encounter streaking with NXT 2.0, but I still like my NXT 2.0 I still have a bottle of it, around 80% full. Easy to use, not too finicky to use

Comment

If I had to wash after waxing, I'd be seeking version two point oh too.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by inyadreems View Post
                    Pics?..................I have the same ride.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ghlight=shelby
                    Hi Inyadreams!...Yep, same ride. We've bumped into each other over on TS. :-) Pics...well, I don't have much as I am not one of those that obsess over every micro-scratch, etc. So it probably wouldn't impress much. But I'll get a few in the near future.

Originally posted by LS1BERLINA View Post
                    Have you tried ultimate paste? Apparently it applies more traditionally and doesnt streak as much, might stain the trim though.
                    Hi - Yeah, I have it and tried it...and very true what you say..however ULW smells so good (I know that shouldn't matter) and it is able to be applied to black plastic with no worries...so that is a big thing for the current Mustang. So I've been using ULW over it. I'll still toss UPW in here and there.

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                    It took you 5 days to wax your car? Or you waxed it 5 times on 5 consecutive days?

Or do you mean the last 5 times you've waxed it?

Thanks for sharing btw.
                    hehe...not 5 days to wax the car. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear...but 5 separate complete wax jobs in a row. I like doing it...therapy...most know what I mean. We're psycho...in a good, harmless way! LOL!

Originally posted by ajb39oh View Post
                    The last time I used Ultimate liquid, I used it in the sun and it seemed to be easier to work with.
                    I'm not sure if I caught that...but I find that the humidity level affect the ease of use. BTW...the last thing I want to do is wax my car in the sun...crazy tropical heat and humidity since about april around here...UGH! LOL!

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                    Wow, nice... Last time you weren't that pleased with Ultimate Wax... Maybe it takes time to get to like something new, but good that it worked for you. I do feel meguiars needs to do something to improve Ultimate Wax. I feel it shouldn't take so long for a product to be liked by enthusiasts. It's nice, but could be just a bit better to really make it a winner, not really Ultimate Wax 2.0, but sort of a slight alteration to the formula. Sometimes too big a jump in technology can have negative effects on consumers and give mixed results... Some spectacular, others patchy, some just turned off from the inconsistent results. I sometimes encounter streaking with NXT 2.0, but I still like my NXT 2.0 I still have a bottle of it, around 80% full. Easy to use, not too finicky to use
                    Hi FFboy...I agree with your comments...ease of use still goes to NXT 2.0...as well as the total impact "Just waxed" look. Maybe I just wanted something different...but as mentioned before..I like being able to apply ULW to all the black trim on my car...makes it look beautiful. Still, I'm going to stick with ULW til winter. Streaking is still an issue...but since I wash my car daily, it removes the streaks. lol.

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                    If I had to wash after waxing, I'd be seeking version two point oh too.
                    Yeah...it's definitely something Meguiars has to remedy at some point to truly deliver an "ultimate" wax.

Comment

When we use a certain product for a long time, we get used to it. The ease of use, the shine, and it can get boring seeing the same thing. Then we may try something new, promising or interesting. The entire experience may not appeal because we got used to a certain product and use that as a basis for a newer product which may or may not be an appropriate basis for comparison. Who knows? Maybe Meguiar's is doing something with the Ultimate Liquid wax to make it a more enjoyable product to use

Comment

Hi again FFboy...I agree with what you had to say again. Maybe I just needed a change in some way...but that's not it completely. As I mentioned...the fact that I can apply ULW just about anywhere...is a major plus and it makes the pieces look better. Call me crazy..but the smell of ULW alone is enough to make me want to use it. LOL! I can't help it. Anyway...things are good these days and I'm having a fun time waxing my car.

Comment

Yes, the smell can hugely affect one's motivation for waxing or using a prticular product. Just look at the M07 Show car glaze. Not too easy to use and smells terrible, a few reasons why I don't use it too often. I'm having a hard time now, it's been raining quite a lot lately so I'm not able to wax as frequently as I want and to make matters worse, waxes/sealants don't last as long as it normally does.

Comment

As requested by Inyadreems...here are a few pics...keep in mind that I'm not a person that obsesses over every micro scratch...so don't ask for any "sunlight" or "lamp" shots...just does not matter to me - life is too important and precious to worry about such things. But it makes the car look good overall.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                              Yes, the smell can hugely affect one's motivation for waxing or using a prticular product. Just look at the M07 Show car glaze. Not too easy to use and smells terrible, a few reasons why I don't use it too often. I'm having a hard time now, it's been raining quite a lot lately so I'm not able to wax as frequently as I want and to make matters worse, waxes/sealants don't last as long as it normally does.
                              Very true! We have been dealing with crazy heat and humidity...ugh. So that really makes it tough to enjoying the washing and waxing process...but the sad thing is...once it does get cool...winter will be here. lol. So I do the best I can in the evenings when the sun goes down. Take care buddy!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');