• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for new products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for new products

Dear all!
    I'm Federico, living in Argentina and soon travelling to Costa Rica. I posted some more information about me in the introduction section.
    I'd love to receive some suggestion for my next trip where I'll buy some new products.

I almost have quite all products for regular/weekly care but I'd like to try some compound / polish products.

My ride is a 2007 dark gray model and it have some swirls and imperfections, mainly on the hood.
    I'd like to polish it by hand, to get familiar with abrasive stuff before investing money in an orbital polisher, and I was thinking to buy Scratch X 2.0 and the Ultimate Compound.

It looks like that the swirl x is not available.
    Do you think that are good tools for the job? I’ll then use a glaze and a carnauba wax.

I'm already getting some info about the correct usage (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...my-paint/page3) but surely I'll read more before working on my ride.

Then I'd like to solve a water marks problem on my front and side windows.
    The Costa Rica Meguiar's site suggest the Oxidation remover. http://meguiars.co.cr/index.php?_room=2&_subRoom=8
    I have red on this forum that some folks use the Ultimate Compound on glasses. If it could be possible I'd preferred not to buy a specific product for glasses and use the $$$ others products that I need more. What do you think about using UC on glasses for that purpose?

Other products in the list are the Endurance High Gloss and Plast X but I have no specific questions about it.

I’ll challenge your patient with another question... I actually use the Gold Class Trim Detailer and I'm happy with the result. Yesterday I used it on the painted black metal windscreen wiper and well, the result was GOOD. I didn't expect that could work on metal. I wonder what will happen with rain.
    Do you know is there is a specific product to restore the shine of painted metal part like ordinary wheels with hubcaps?

Thanks AALLOOOT for you attention.
    Best regards
    Federico

Re: Suggestions for new products

I wouldnt worry about ScratchX really.

UC is good to try on glass.

Can try any of the paint products on paint.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi! Sorry I don't understand... What do you mean with "I wouldn’t worry about ScratchX really"?
      Do you mean that I can avoid the step with ScratchX, and just use clay+UC+glaze+wax or that ScratchX is a vary mild polish and I'll not have any problem with?
      Thank you!!!

Comment

More that ScratchX is too much like UC, so no need to use both.

You would want to look at SwirlX, Ult. Polish, Polishing Compound, #205, #80 for you milder cleaning product.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thank you.. Now I get it... I'll look at the product you mencioned!!!

Comment

Almost ready for the action!

I bought this good stuff in Meguiar's Costa Rica... AMAZING place with a magnificent custom car placed in the middle of a shiny black decorated shop, displaying the full Meguiar’s product range. Professional people with a lot of care for customer service.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');