• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural shine transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural shine transfer

Usually I use QID for regular interior cleaning and protecting. A couple times in the summer when the plastics start to look a bit less shiny, I like to dress them with Natural Shine to add a little more UV protection. However, I have noticed that natural shine transfers to my arms and clothes. If I put my arm on the top of the door when the window is open, there is always a dull spot where my arm was. I thought this stuff wasn't supposed to transfer like Armor All or silicone based products. I do apply it then buff it dry, yet it still does this. Anyone else had this experience?

Re: Natural shine transfer

I have not exactly expericenced this issue myself, however you may want to try a few things next time you apply it.

1. Do not use as much product, a little bit goes a long way.

2. Try not placing your arm on the dash and let the product dry a little bit.

3. Rub the product on to the dash with an applicator pad or towel, and then wipe off the excess with a clean microfiber towel.

Hope this helps you and fixes the issue.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I've had the same issue with both Natural Shine and Ultimate Protectant. I switched back to QID, at least for the parts of the interior that I regularly touch. I'm probably guilty of using too much product at times, too, so Joel's suggestions are worth a shot.

Comment

Ok thanks guys...maybe I will use the natural shine on the dash and kick panels, perhaps stick to QID on the doors. I did let it dry and the next day it rubbed off. Maybe I use too much...I did buff it with a clean, dry cloth. Oh well. Still good stuff...anything else I've used is way worse!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');