• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quick Wax vs. Ultimate Quick Detailler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quick Wax vs. Ultimate Quick Detailler

Hi there
    As I was searching for the Ultimate Wax at my local store and I found the Ultimate Quick Wax. So I am puzzled. What is the difference between the two and how is the UQW is different from the Ultimate Detailer?

When would I use the UQW, the Ultimate Detailer and the Ultimate Wax?

I am hoping that the UQW can replace the UW since it is much cheaper.

Thanks

Re: Ultimate Quick Wax vs. Ultimate Quick Detailler

UQW is not a substitute for a paste or liquid wax like Ultimate Wax. UQW should be used after a wash on a clean surface to boost the wax protection and shine, it is easily my favourite megs product.

UQD on the other hand is used to clean off very light dust, fingerprints etc between washes, while adding a bit of slickness. It does not finish as well or leave as much protection as UQW.

Comment

Both products have their specific uses as was stated and are fabulous. You can't go wrong having both products.

Ultimate Wax on the other hand is a LSP (Last step product) which when used after the paint has been cleaned, offers durable protection that will last for months.

So in essence you would use UQD and UQW to maintain/boost Ultimate Wax after it has been applied
      2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

all great points mentioned.

For my MPV van, I cheated, after claying I went straight to UQW....and did not apply traditional liquid or paste wax. I think it does a great job as i apply the UQW once a month...maybe 6 weeks??
        For my G35 and my Impreza, I have a couple coats of GC paste wax and I alternate between UQW and UQD after washing....this process helps boost my traditional wax for 4-6 months
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Not to go off topic, but one quick question re: UQW vs. Deep Crystal

How much less protection are you getting UQW rather than the liquid Carnauba?

Thanks...BTW, UQW give a great wax coating... just wonder the difference?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');