• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Wash Solution and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Car Wash Solution and Why?

NXT, Ultimate, or Gold Class. Which one is the best and why?

Re: Which Car Wash Solution and Why?

Optimum No Rinse! lol

NXT cleans the best.

Gold Class has the best lubricity and leaves the paint looking really nice.

Ultimate Wash and Wax is good for washings in between waxing. Adds a little to the previous applied protection.

It's really up to you. All are great
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I would say Gold Class for general use.

Ult. Wash n Wax is nice if you dont have time to do something after, like a spray wax.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Gold Class... 'cause I just bought about 8 bottles for $2.00 each.

Comment

Car wash concentrates are usually a blend of several surfactants, which are two opposing polar groups, hydrophilic and a non-polar group lipophilic. The interaction of these two groups in water will reduce the surface tension of water; soap creates foam by trapping air inside, which is about 95% air and 5% soap / water.

The normal things to look for in a car wash concentrate is that it; cleans well, is gentle enough on paint protection products, provides more than sufficient surface lubrication; (very important, as it reduces the possibility of scratches) )as well as some form of encapsulation. Some concentrates add a glossing agent to produce a shine; this is usually a polymer (silicone) which may affect some waxes ability to bead / sheet water
            ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

IMO, of the three products you mention, I find in hard water areas NXT Gen performs best, otherwise I'd pick Gold Class. You can't go wrong with either, IMO.

OTOH, don't overlook the Detailer line wash products especially when there is a free shipping offer available. I've used and would recommend all of these: Hyper Wash (D110), Shampoo Plus (D111), Super Soap (D112), (as well as Professional Car Wash (M62) from their Mirror Glaze line. My clear favorite is Hyper Wash.

Approx. street prices listed and assuming you used 3 gallons per wash bucket: Note that Gold Class and NXT are often found at steep discounts from time to time in some retail locations which would alter the following numbers.

•Gold Class: $15/gal. - 1 gal. yields 43 washes - 35
              Jim
              My Gallery

Comment

IMO, of the three products you mention, I find in hard water areas NXT Gen performs best, otherwise I'd pick Gold Class. You can't go wrong with either, IMO.

OTOH, don't overlook the Detailer line wash products especially when there is a free shipping offer available. I've used and would recommend all of these: Hyper Wash (D110), Shampoo Plus (D111), Super Soap (D112), (as well as Professional Car Wash (M62) from their Mirror Glaze line. My clear favorite is Hyper Wash.

Approx. street prices listed and assuming you used 3 gallons per wash bucket: Note that Gold Class and NXT are often found at steep discounts from time to time in some retail locations which would alter the following numbers.

•Gold Class: $15/gal. - 1 gal. yields 43 washes - 0.35 a wash
                •NXT Gen: $18/gal. - 1 gal. yields 43 washes - 0.42 a wash
                •Hyper Wash (D110): $24/gal. - 1 gal. yields 128 washes - 0.19 a wash
                •Shampoo Plus (D111): $16/gal. - 1 gal. yields 43 washes - 0.37 a wash
                •Super Soap (D112): $15/gal. - 1 gal. yields 43 washes - 0.35 a wash
                •Professional Car Wash (M62): $23/gal. - 1 gal yields 43 washes - 0.53 a wash

IIRC, all but the Hyper Wash call for 1 ounce per gallon dilution (128:1) so typically you would use around 3 ounces per wash 128oz/3 = 43 washes per gallon.
                Hyper Wash is super concentrated and at a 400:1 ratio yields 128 washes per gallon giving it the clear economic advantage. But that isn't the whole story, as Hyper Wash is also an excellent wash, clearly my favorite. I find Hyper Wash also makes a good clay lube if diluted 200:1.

Sorry for the first post. The forum software didn't like the cents symbol.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

anyone here been using shampooplus or hyperwash? which one smells better? what about cleaning ability?

Comment

Originally posted by ip1600 View Post
                    anyone here been using shampooplus or hyperwash? which one smells better? what about cleaning ability?
                    Neither has much of an odor. They smell like, well, laundry soap but with maybe slight floral overtone but mostly like laundry soap to my nose. I prefer Hyper Wash as it is more versatile in that you have more flexibility in altering the dilution as needed and it is the most economical if you wash a lot of vehicles. Do a search for these in the forum and find what other users say about your particular product of interest. You will find a ton of information from many who have used the products.

This should get you started but there are many, many more.

Here are some polls that may be of interest: Keep in mind that the Detailer line is likely not used by most consumers hence their lower ranking.

Here are some reviews and opinions:

Discussion on Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze, Professional Detailer, PRO Hybrid Ceramic & Other.

We encourage MOL members to post reviews on any of Meguiar's Classic, Gold Class, NXT, or Ultimate Lines
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

I guess I have only ever used the Meguiars Gold Class
                      though I have been very pleased with it

I buy the gallon jug from Costco

Comment

I have tried NXT and Gold Class, of the two I prefered Gold Class, but it was a small edge. I felt the paint just looked better afterwards.

Comment

I prefer M62 due to high lube feeling and loads of foaming action.
                          I use a lot of Shampoo Plus and Hyperwash too, but for waxed surfaces i tend to go with m62
                          Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
                          Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
                          00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

I bought some M62 on sale today for $15 a gallon at a local PBE, I'm excited to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');