• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really worth the change , mothers to meguiars NXT(Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nxt Wax

Hi Everyone,

I too was a fellow Mothers user. Great Products.

About two years ago I switched to Meguairs Professional Line.

I don't use Meguairs exclusively. I tend to prefer 3M Swirl Remover for dark cars instead of the M. swirl remover 2.0.

I can tell you that the NXT wax is the BOMB !!!!

My wife doesn't get to excited when I spend the whole afternoon in the garage working on the car.

When she saw the car after NXT she was AMAZED. My neighbour replied, " unbelivable."

Meguairs makes outstanding products. Use what works for you.

Have a good week everyone.

Comment

I only use Mothers California gold when I run out of NXT. The reason is I like NXT cause it gives a brilliant shyne and it buffs out imperfections in the paint. Mothers does not, and Mothers California gold is really hard to remove, I have to apply 2 to 3 coats to get the deep shiny look meguiars NXT gives me with just one coat.

Another thing I dont like about mothers is that it attracts too much dust. And when using their quick detailer, it does not even compliment the california wax , the quick detailer streaks, scratches and does not have the pick up power that meguiars quick detailer has. Bird droppings are impossible to remove with Mothers Quick Detailer. Thats just my experiece, though I would share it.
      Cars are one of the greatest inventions evah!

Comment

Nice Camaro! I had a '98 TA with the same color, it was called Blue Green Chameleon. Where did you get the hood? It looks like a Ram Air hood. I've never seen a Blue Green Chameleon Ram Air Hood. My '98 did not have the Ram Air Package, but my black '01 did. When I bought my '01 Ram Air, Blue Green Chameleon was not available with that package so I went with black. Black is a lot of maintenance, but black rules when you take care of it.

Which Mother's products did you use on your paint. They make good products, but I believe the NXT will look even better! In a minute I will show you what NXT looks like on Impulse Blue..........

RamAirV1
        Last edited by RamAirV1; Apr 20, 2005, 05:31 PM.
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Re: Is it really worth the change , mothers to meguiars NXT(Pics)

Originally posted by SSPOWER
          hi i am new here , i have few questions for u guys ....

i am using mothers product 4 the last 3 years and i couldn't be more happier
          Then why even consider changing? If you were still trying things out to get the best combo, then I'd say go for it. But if you couldn't be happier, you've already answered your own question.
          2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');