• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech Wax 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Wax 2.0

So, I have used the Tech Wax 2.0 enough to give a solid review. It's a good wax, you don't need a lot of product to get the job done, and it gives an excellent shine. BUT, two coats are absolutely necessary. I put the second coat on no sooner than 12 hours, but find that if I can give it 24 hours between coats, it "seems" like the results are better. Here in AZ I am doing the cars once a year. Considering I am in sales and mine is exposed to the sun, the wax is holding up extremely well. I do use the Ultimate Quick detailer after every wash.

Re: Tech Wax 2.0

Its a good wax or sealant. Honestly, at first i wasn't that impressed with the shine. I've used a similar product (or direct rival) from a competing brand and almost the same thing. FIrst usage didn't give me the awesome shine. However, it seems that the more i used it the results were finally what i wanted. Maybe its the paint finally getting aquainted to the sealant? maybe but thats what i observed. Carnauba waxes I've used (mothers, meguiars DC 3) initially was more impressive and gave that eye popping shine and a lot more water beading.

The NXT 2.0 in my eyes gives a good compromise between the carnauba look and sealant look. Crystalline gloss and also canauba depth. I'd use a pure wax (DC3 or Hi tech yellow wax) to really give that awesome shine.

Comment

You should both try Ultimate Wax, esp on black! It is trully Megs ultimate LSP. Nothing else Megs makes compares.
      Paul Marmarinos
      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by itself View Post
        So, I have used the Tech Wax 2.0 enough to give a solid review. It's a good wax, you don't need a lot of product to get the job done, and it gives an excellent shine. BUT, two coats are absolutely necessary. I put the second coat on no sooner than 12 hours, but find that if I can give it 24 hours between coats, it "seems" like the results are better. Here in AZ I am doing the cars once a year. Considering I am in sales and mine is exposed to the sun, the wax is holding up extremely well. I do use the Ultimate Quick detailer after every wash.
        Good review. Something i like to do sometimes is apply one coat and then another after the next wash. Seems to give decent as well. Also may I suggest using UQW instead of UQD after washing, it gives more protection and an even better shine IMO, and goes on super easy to a cleaned surface!!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');