• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Magnet vs Guzzler vs Other WW towels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Magnet vs Guzzler vs Other WW towels?

I know we love Meguiar's, and I know some people are partial because of that, but I really want answers/comments from people who have tried multiple towels.

I am looking to purchase more WW drying towels.

Currently I have on 20x40 Guzzler from autogeek and two 20x40 WW Drying Towels from Showroom FX.

I was considering getting some Water Magnets in bulk from ADS when I order my FLEX, but want to know peoples experiences with them.

How does it compare?

How well does it hold up over time?

How well does it continue to perform after being washed (I have seen this as a problem in the past with other towels)?

Thanks guys!
    Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Re: Water Magnet vs Guzzler vs Other WW towels?

IME water magnet is not as durable as the ones you mentioned.
    Absorbency.....MAYBE comparable

But water magnet still has its place in my detailing routine..

Comment

Free shipping over $10 till end of july. There super microfiber towels are the very best too. They are the exact same microfibers that chemicalguys has but cheaper.

Comment

Well I certainly wouldn't say that Chemical Guys Microfibers are the very best. I have about 40 of them and they're ok. A couple linted on me really badly.

Those are really good prices on WW drying towels though. Thanks for the link.

Anyone else with opinions on the Water Magnet specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
          Anyone else with opinions on the Water Magnet specifically?
          All I can say is I really like it. I haven't had issues with durability or marring my black paint.

The things I like about it are:
          -it does a good job of absorbing water
          -it's easy to wring out
          -it doesn't get hard and crusty after it dries

Comment

Bill, my largest concern is how it continues to hold up after washing. Any comments there?

Also, how many do you need to dry a typical 4 door sedan-sized vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
              Bill, my largest concern is how it continues to hold up after washing. Any comments there?

Also, how many do you need to dry a typical 4 door sedan-sized vehicle?
              I've only machine washed mine 3X, no issue, still nice and square and in one piece, just like new. If you hand wash it, I don't see how you can wreck it.

As for how many you need. I only use 1. I know Tuck91 (Nick) uses several per vehicle. I don't quite understand why, as I find it works better as it gets a little bit wet. On my full sized truck I wring it out maybe 2-3 times. On a 4 door sedan you'd likely wring it out 2 times. Lots of guys say they do their entire car and don't even have to wring it out, personally, I can't see it. You can give it a quick once over without have to wring it out, but you'll likely need a fresh one or wringing will be necessary for the second pass, otherwise you will be introducing water back onto the vehicle.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I have had the same absorber for quite a few years now. I have washed it many times with no issues. Normal drying routine is absorber followed by water magnet. No issues washing the water magnets either. They hold up quite well.

Andy M.
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by ckylesworld View Post
                    Free shipping over $10 till end of july. There super microfiber towels are the very best too. They are the exact same microfibers that chemicalguys has but cheaper.

http://www.stocktowelsnow.com/supermedium.html
                    These waffle weaves are a bit too hard for my liking and I personally would not let them touch paint.

Comment

I am completely satisfied with my Water Magnets. I would not mine trying out the Guzzler.

Comment

Water Magnets for me.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

It's the absorber for me. As long as you pat the car down and avoid pulling it across the finish you shouldn't have any issues ever scratching the paint. I use waffle weave mf's for window cleaning duties now. A good quality WW will gives crystal clear results.
                          Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Yesterday I opened my first Water Magnet (also with 9 gallons of Detailing series products ) so I was looking forward to use it as always with Meguiars new products I purchased
                            I washed my Škoda Octavia Combi with foam gun and Hyper Wash, after rinsing there was a lot of water on the paint. It seems to me now that it can be better to pull down some water with silicone squeegee because the water magnet did it's job perfectly (with ultimate results) before it soaked some water. After squeezing water from Water Magnet it is holding additional water well but it will left some small water marks.
                            I know that there can help Last Touch Detailer and microfiber towel to quickly make one pass around whole car to remove this marks but it seems to me faster pull down the water first

Enjoy your work with Meguiar's for perfect results

George

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');