• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It Possible?

Is there a method to wash and wax a car in 2 days i thought i saw a post on this issue.Heres my dilemma I have a car port that is the only way to wash and wax my vehicles in the shade with only about 4 hours of complete shade
    HELP
    WAX ON WAX OFF

Re: Is It Possible?

I have to detail in the sun at my house because of its lack of shade. In fact, I posted a detail I did on my own car a few weeks ago and the entire process was done in the sun. I washed, polished with m205 and waxed in the sun. The results speak for themselves. It wasn't optimal and it was annoying trying to wax a hot car (yes hot, not warm) but it was done because I had no other choice.

On another note, it is possible to wash and wax a car in 2 days. make sure you have some kind of quick detailing spray though such as QD, LT, UQD, M135, FI, etc. to remove the light dust that will accumulate overnight. Most people, including me, will not wax a car unless it was washed right before. If you only QD before then you may miss the hard tor each sections, exactly where dust accumulates. An applicator with wax picks up this dust and before you know it, you are rubbing dust into your paint. However, since the time lapse is so short, you should be fine assuming that you are careful when QDing.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Yeah, just do what you can one day, then QD it the next day and get back to work.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What if you wash one night then it rain's and the car is only driven a VERY short distance..Is it then ok to just QD then polish and wax??

Comment

I think ill put all my tools away, have a few beers, get up early before it get to hot & wax on wax off
          WAX ON WAX OFF

Comment

Why can't you wash and wash your car in 4 hours? That's plenty of time unless you throw in machine polishing, claybarring or something like that.
            Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
            Houston Area Mobile Detailing
            www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

I can...I was just trying to save some time..I'm going to polish with#7 Then wax with NXT 2.0..

Comment

That was more directed at the OP
                Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

What about a canopy? There are always good sales on them.

But you could if you used a qd product, preferably last touch or qd.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
                    That was more directed at the OP
                    Oh...Sorry about that..But I did wash,polish and wax in about 3 1/2 hours...

Comment

I dont think an overnight rain would stop me from QDing, unless alot of gunk was splashing up.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

No gunk..I was just in the mood to polish and wax and didn't really want to wash agian..But I did anyway..

Comment

I spent lots of time paying attention to detail,the grill is like a honeycomb pattern
                          Last edited by dennisg; Jul 11, 2010, 06:43 PM. Reason: to small
                          WAX ON WAX OFF

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');