• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nd Help for removing colour stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nd Help for removing colour stains

Hi, I am new here... also driving a pearl white car.
    I am also deciding which wax to purchase for the coming weekend.

My problem is that my car is done up with aftermarket Nano technology Paint Protection Sealant (PPS), which requires me clean off any bird *****/tree saps/rainwater within 12hrs if not i will risk of having the colour to seep into the PPS.... Due to the current horrible weather here in Singapore, I am having rain then sunny everyday and could nt allow me to wipe off the water marks as the rainwater tends to dry up quickly. This cause the dirty rainwater stains colour to seep into my PPS. PPS was suppose to protect the paintwork but end up giving me more trouble, so i decided to switch back to old school style waxing every 2-4wks.

Nw i am deciding which wax to go for to remove the colour stains in the PPS... by the way my paint surface look smooth and shiny to me... I tried to remove the colouring by washing --> claying --> Meguiars Hi Tech Yellow wax but it does not remove the colour stains.

I am thinking of trying to get Cleaner Wax to see if i can get the colour stains off and then top with up with a layer of NTX2.0 Wax. I do not wish to use Scratch x or Colour x as my car paintwork is still in very great condition (bring for professional paint mainteance every half yearly) except the colour stains. I know i can bring my car back to the professinal to remove the stains but i am sick of the colour stains coming back whenever I experience wet season here.

Any guys can advise if my intended plan will work? Also, is using Gold Class Wax neccesary to bring out the deeper gloss colour in my pear white car?

Thank you.

Re: Nd Help for removing colour stains

I would choose ColorX or SwirlX.

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, if available there, is also an option.

However, if your clay came with a bottle of the Cleaner/Wax sample, you can give it a shot.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr for the advise. I will probably get the colourX and NXT2.0 wax over the weekend to test the results.

Comment

The wax itself is up to you... Its just a matter of trying something with some cleaning ability first, and seeing how it goes.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just some updates...
          The shops here at my place do not have ColourX or SwirlX... so i went with a Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and NXT 2.0 wax. The NXT 2.0 wax cost $42++ here in Singapore... expensive!

The DC paint cleaner works like a charm, removing the stain effortlessly. But problem is there is a few isolated fine scratches here and there... maybe due to the old micro-fiber cloth i am using to buff away the paint cleaner. Other than that, the paintwork is shiny and glossy.

Anyway, the whole wash->clay->paint cleaner->wax cycle took me nearly 7hrs of hardwork on the sat. But it is worth it! Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');