• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UP Like the product not the bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UP Like the product not the bottle

I took you guys' advice and cleaned the Supreme Shine areas on my golf cart with window cleaner. Then applied Ultimate Protectant. The gloss I feel is a little more than the Supreme Shine or maybe just because the SS was wearing off. Anxious to see how it holds up after the first rain. What I did not like was the dispensing from the bottle. I used a microfiber applicator pad and the dressing puddles on the top of the bottle then runs down the sides all over my hand. Not able to get controlled dispense like the spray from SS. Guess I'll get used to it with practice but it's messy to work with. I applied UP to the textured vinyl parts on the cart. Will do the tires another day.
    Barry

Re: UP Like the product not the bottle

Just in case you weren't aware, Barry, UP isn't recommended for use on tires. Given its qualities, it is more for trim pieces that don't flex.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Colin
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Hey Barry, Just thought id give a quick tip !

although i havent been able to get my hands on the new UP yet in my local stores, i do know what your talking about with the dispensing problem. I have the problem with ScratchX 2.0 and i know it can get a bit annoying and sometimes impossible to master without gushing too much product out...so here's a quick tip..i suggest getting a dispenser bottle, doesnt have to be a meguairs one, you can use any type...but for example, whenever you use up any products like endurance tire gel, ultimate compound, or anything that comes in the 16oz bottle with flip top lid, clean them out in the sink and put any product you want in it and just label it. Here are a few dispenser bottles i have laying around..i have an empty bottle of deep crystal soap that i cleaned out, waiting for something to go in there, 2 bottles of meguairs dispeners (btw these thigns are like 1$ each)..and i found these cool little dispener bottles at a department store called Harmons while i was with my girlfriend..so just get a dispenser bottler and pour all the UP into it and your problems will be resolved...also using the dispenser bottles will help you use less product, waste less, and its just more convienient.

Addicted

Comment

Ah yes! That makes so much sense and solves the problem. Thanks much!!
        Barry

Comment

Uh oh.....I applied it to the tires befor I saw your post. I was not aware of that. Will my tires explode or......what can I expect short of that??
          Barry

Comment

LOL don't worry. The dressing just won't last as long that's all
            Addicted

Comment

Yup, I experience this problem with the bottle top. After the product is released, it puddles on the top of the bottle.

Comment

The way it puddles on the cap is the only problem I have with it also.

I ended up just popping the top off. Then applied a little bit to my applicator pad. Snapped on cap and went to treating the trim. It worked. That's all I can say.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');