• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Magic Wet Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Magic Wet Shine

Originally posted by 86Pacer View Post
    I tried a Black Magic interior protectant a while back. It was total garbage. Since then I've used nothing but Meguiar's unless it's something Meguiar's doest not make/sell in the US such as an engine detailer.
    You my friend, need to try Hyper Dressing It is the easiest way I have ever seen to dress an engine bay. Spray, and walk away...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
      You my friend, need to try Hyper Dressing It is the easiest way I have ever seen to dress an engine bay. Spray, and walk away...

Barry Meguiar said it best. People won't go back for that second bottle. On the flip side, I seem to have developed an addiction to Meguiar's which he didn't warn me about.

Comment

Curious as why you think it is total garbage.
        Its low on price and it gives nicely glossy shine. I use and I don't see any negative effects.

Originally posted by 86Pacer View Post
        I tried a Black Magic interior protectant a while back. It was total garbage. Since then I've used nothing but Meguiar's unless it's something Meguiar's doest not make/sell in the US such as an engine detailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
          Trusting consumer reports for wax is about as accurate as using the National Enquirer for news.
          Got that right!!!!
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by Frozenbarb View Post
            Curious as why you think it is total garbage.
            Its low on price and it gives nicely glossy shine. I use and I don't see any negative effects.
            It would not apply properly not matter what I did even though the dash was clean. And when I did manage to cover a section of the dash with an even gloss after much effort, it would dry out after a few minutes and look terrible.

Comment

On the note of CR's review, it was a very old one. I think it was done in 2006 or so and they were using NXT 1.0.

As for Black Magic, this stuff is awful. I too tried it about a year and a half ago and I will never use it again. It just does not dry properly. Trying to wipe it off is like trying to wipe up grease with a wet towel, it just pushes it around. I tried everything I could think of when I used it. I applied it super thin, waited and hour and a half for it to dry and like Ephios, I tried using quick detailer to remove it.

The only positive thing about this stuff is that it smelled nice.

BTW, did anyone notice who it's made by? The back of my bottle says the Bondo Corp!!!

Comment

I too tried the Black Magic wax based on what Consumer Reports had said. I used it on a black truck back in 2006 and it did last for a long time. For about 3 - 4 months it continuously beaded up, and that truck always sat in direct sunlight and out in the elements. But, while it did have great durability, it was a super PITA to remove, and it streaked like crazy. Honestly I wouldn't use it again simply for that reason. Now that NXT 2.0 is out, that has become my "go to" wax that I use the most. I haven't encountered a longer lasting, easier removing wax than it.

Comment

It smells good, however, it's awful on application and removal.

Comment

A couple of years ago I tried their spray detailer . It was the worst detailer that I ever used.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');