• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (Smell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (Smell)

Hello, I just would like to say all of my other megs products are fantastic,

But there is just one issue with Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner.

It does its job perfectly well in all respects but

It smells horrible!! It smells so bad I am actually not buying it again. Everytime I use it I just hate it.

I don't know why it smells so bad because,I have used other wheel cleaners before and never did they smell this bad. The rest of the products that I have all smell great except this product.

Re: Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner

It has a small amount of acid in it, so it probably isn't a good idea to be smelling it in the first place....

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
      It has a small amount of acid in it, so it probably isn't a good idea to be smelling it in the first place....

No kidding, but if you have used it there is no way not to...

do you think I constantly try to smell this stuff?

Comment

Yeah it's definitely the acid. Highly recommend a face mask, some gloves, and safety goggles using this product, wouldn't want any of it getting into your eyes to say the least.
        2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
        2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

I use safety Goggles when using it and a wheel brush but theirs no way to hide the smell. Its just horrible.

No other wheel cleaner that I used had this horrible smell and they all worked great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thescreensavers View Post
            I use safety Goggles when using it and a wheel brush but theirs no way to hide the smell. Its just horrible.
            I know what you mean, I also have the wheel cleaner and I very much prefer using APC or APC+ with equal results without the strong chemical smell.

Although I've been trying to use it up, hence using a face mask, goggle, and gloves. But I look too silly wearing the face mask lol
            2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
            2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

No other wheel cleaner that I used had this horrible smell and they all worked great as well.
              Goggles and a brush won't hide the smell, obviously. You'd need a facemask as said.

Try smelling Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner - burnt popcorn meets acid.

Comment

The smell of APC bothers my nose more than the Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. I haven't had an issue when I use it, but I am careful to keep it away from my face. I love that stuff work and go through a lot of it.

I probably should wear goggles after that accident Ryan L. had last year.

Mike
                Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Try Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner, smells much better IMO and still gets the job done.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Your last statement is the answer.If you don't like it,don't use it.If other products give you good results,then use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                      Your last statement is the answer.If you don't like it,don't use it.If other products give you good results,then use them.

Yup, I know I just wanted to post my review to see if any one at megs actually see's it. I just bought all megs stuff when I was getting all my detailing supply's so yea that's why I have it :P.

And were I buy my stuff there is no gold class wheel cleaner

Comment

Target is the only place I have spotted Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Idk what yall are smelling man Stuff doesnt really smell at all to me, course I dont get to close to it and im outside so idk if that makes much difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                            Target is the only place I have spotted Gold Class All Wheel Cleaner
                            Yup. Target and Big Lots.
                            Shane
                            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I am pretty sure a N95 mask wont hide any smell either.... it is not meant to trap chemicals, only particulates....
                              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');