• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats better

Hey guys, i wanted to know, what is the best polish to use and easiest for a newbie like me BY HAND, Show Car Glaze #7 or Deep Crystal Polish? (or maybe some other polish i dont know about? but remember, it needs to be easy to use and be applied by hand, not by machine)

I own the Show Car Glaze #7 and i used it for the first time 2 weeks ago on my 06 C230 Sport Mercedes benz sedan, i made a mistake tho by letting the glaze sit for a little too long and it dried on some spots and it was hard to remove however i removed it all but there are some spots that feel greasy which is the residue of the glaze because it dried but either way, i waxed the car with NXT Tech Wax 2.0, the car looks stunning other than the few spots on the hood and like one spot in the rear that have like a few spots of the dried product that stand out a little bit, they will fade out once the wax is gone right guys?

Btw im new to this forum , i am from New York btw.

Cheers.

Re: Whats better

First off, to MOL!

Second, DO NOT LET ANY POLISH DRY! The only things you are supposed to let dry are waxes and sealants. With the polish, you are supposed to work it into the paint for a few seconds, working in small sections, and then immediately remove. I think that was where your mistake was. But that is OK, it's nothing that can't be fixed. If you go over the areas with Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Detailer and the spots do not go away, simply clay those spots and re-apply your glaze and wax. As for your other question, DC2 Polish is the easier of the two polishes to use. Welcome to the forum!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Yeah, #7 is pretty top of the line, but DC2, or even #81 could be easier to use.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Stick with DC2 for now- it is more user friendly.

Also, to remove the old dried #7, remember that "like dissolves like," so re-applying some M07 to the dried spots should help to break it loose. Just make sure to begin immediately, and gently wiping the area with a microfiber to remove it before it dries.

Also, sometimes M07 will leave some hazing behind after initial removal. Consider it a second layer that needs to dry slightly, and then be removed with another wipe-down with a clean towel.

If that fails, a normal wash should remove remaining haze.

Comment

DC2 is easier to use, especially when first starting out.

Comment

Thanks guys its great to be here.

I mean before i made this post, the plan i had in mind is to just wait a month or 2 and let the polish and wax wear and that then i will do it the right way, but you guys are saying i should remove these few dry spots under the wax now?

Whats my best approach? To buy the clay kit? That will defintly get the dry spots loose? I dont want to make things worse which is why i was planing to just wait for the polish and wax to wear out and then do it right, but if there is an easy way to fix it then i guess ill go for it.

So like i said i have a few spots on both sides of the hood and kind of quarter part of the total hood has some residue, it can be even felt with the finger that there is residue there, its not smooth you know.

So what do you guys say i should do? Its not bad at all ehen u see it in person its just that these 2 spots on both sides of the hood stand out a little and the quarter part of the hood is not as shiney as it should.

I defintley undetstand my mistake tho.

Thankd guys

Comment

It shouldnt hurt anything if they stay on there, but if you want to be safe.

You could even just re-do those spots.

Comment

M81 is more formulated for clearcoats i believe
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  Stick with DC2 for now- it is more user friendly.

Also, to remove the old dried #7, remember that "like dissolves like," so re-applying some M07 to the dried spots should help to break it loose. Just make sure to begin immediately, and gently wiping the area with a microfiber to remove it before it dries.

Also, sometimes M07 will leave some hazing behind after initial removal. Consider it a second layer that needs to dry slightly, and then be removed with another wipe-down with a clean towel.

If that fails, a normal wash should remove remaining haze.
                  Been a long time since I used M07, and how your post brings back memories. Yes, it can be finicky to work with.

Good post Mark.

Comment

I've been having the same trouble as well using #80. I guess I had it in my head that I didn't have to remove it immediately. When I have used it and let it sit for to long I get sections that are very difficult to remove and then I get a greasy residue on the paint. I guess my solution from now on will be to wipe down each section immediately after working.

Comment

You are applying #80 with a buffer?

There is kind of a point where it is hard to remove, then if you break the product down just a little more, it becomes easier.

Also, if you find a spot is drying, just touch the machine to the area, to put some fresh product down, then wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by fromthecoast View Post
                        I've been having the same trouble as well using #80. I guess I had it in my head that I didn't have to remove it immediately. When I have used it and let it sit for to long I get sections that are very difficult to remove and then I get a greasy residue on the paint. I guess my solution from now on will be to wipe down each section immediately after working.
                        Exactly my case man, its greasy residue, so i mean what can i do for the time being? just wait for the wax and polish to wear off with time and next time do it the right way by applying and wiping off immediately right?

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                          You are applying #80 with a buffer?

There is kind of a point where it is hard to remove, then if you break the product down just a little more, it becomes easier.

Also, if you find a spot is drying, just touch the machine to the area, to put some fresh product down, then wipe.
                          I'm using the G100

Originally posted by lamonsas View Post
                          Exactly my case man, its greasy residue, so i mean what can i do for the time being? just wait for the wax and polish to wear off with time and next time do it the right way by applying and wiping off immediately right?
                          I guess you could wash it and see if the residue comes off and then go from there. The polish should have still done its job by eliminating swirls so you won't be losing anything there.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');