• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can UC leave a surface LSP-ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can UC leave a surface LSP-ready?

or will it need to be followed by something such as SwirlX? I'm concerned after reading some articles on here that it really needs to follow up with a finer abrasive before an LSP is laid down.

Thoughts?
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Re: Can UC leave a surface LSP-ready?

I would follow up with something like SwirlX before my LSP.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

I have no experience with UC yet, but from all I have read, the answer to your question is ... it all depends. Sometimes it does leave the finish LSP-ready and sometimes it doesn't. So you should be prepared to follow up UC with either SwirlX or M205, just in case.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        I have no experience with UC yet, but from all I have read, the answer to your question is ... it all depends. Sometimes it does leave the finish LSP-ready and sometimes it doesn't. So you should be prepared to follow up UC with either SwirlX or M205, just in case.
        Bingo. I have definitely had it go both ways. Sometimes it is awesome and ready for wax, and sometimes it leaves some slight marring.

Comment

SO it can vary from case to case , just pull it out in the sun or halogen lamps and see what is left , makes sense -- I have the swirlx too so in worst case I get to go over it a 2nd time, thanks for the thoughts.
          2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');