• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ColorX question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColorX question?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I washed my car and spot clayed my car, I full clayed the top trunk, top of the car, and the hood. Everywhere else I spot clayed. After drying my car I applied a coat of ColorX(Love this stuff).

Now since ColorX has carnuba wax(someone correct me if I am wrong), how long will the carnuba last? few weeks? I am thinking not that long since it is not like Megs #26. I didn't have time to apply Megs #26 carnuba wax because I had other stuff to do.

Thank you for all of the inputs provided.

Precision

Re: ColorX question?

I would like to know the answer too...

Oh, and what about D151?
    Does it have carnauba as well or sealant?

Comment

ColorX is a mix I believe. ColorX will last me about 2 months out here in the HOT California summers; that is, adding nothing else to it. I can tell as I use it on my SS paint truck and the paint will start to fade again at about that time.

Comment

ColorX is a blend of polymers and carnauba, as is D151.

As far as durability, you won't get a clear-cut answer from anyone here on MOL, since so many variables affect the durability of a wax/sealant. What kind of weather and environmental elements is your car exposed to? Is it garaged or outside 24/7? How often do you wash and quick detail it? etc.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');