• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Dust.

Hello,

I've been noticing a lot of dust accumulation on my car after I've been using the Meg's Ultimate Qwik detailer, and I've been noticing that the dust build-up has been worse after using it. What am I doing wrong?

Also, what can I use to touch-up my car between washes, when my car gets dusty? I hav both the ultimate qwik detailer, and then the reg megs detailer that comes with the smooth clay kit.

Thanks!

Re: Removing Dust.

Cant do much about dust. I have noticed though when I apply wax by hand there is less build up of dust compared to using my PC. Static prehaps? I have no ideeaaaa...

Comment

not much you can do about dust landing on your car

i have the same issue, especially in the summer

thats why i bought a gallon of Last Touch, high lubricity for removing that dust and can be used daily
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hello,

What is the last touch stuff that you're speaking off?

Comment

Does anyone know if I could use Zaino's Z-6 between washings? I still have some of that left, and that seems to help wtih the dust a little bit.

Also, does anyone know how the NXT 2.0 compares to the Z-AINO (All in one) stuff as far as reflectivity, shine, depth, etc goes?

Comment

I cant say anything about the zaino, but i dont think you can really do much about dust. I think it just varies from person to person and time of year?? I really like the last touch though, ive been using that with clay now and like it as a quick detailer too

Comment

Use a California Car duster before you use a quick detailer, that way you'll remove most of the dust before you quick detail and you'll get your microfiber towel less dirty.
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

+1 for the California Duster.

P.S. It also works in all States
                I got so mad at a girl who was texting while she was driving,that I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Moss View Post
                  +1 for the California Duster.

P.S. It also works in all States

I don't think the product is attracting more dust
                  Maybe your just noticing it more?
                  I don't think there's a product to prevent dust to collect on your car
                  I use the Cali duster all the time
                  I bought the RV one recently
                  It's huge and works great.

Comment

The first problem is that dust by itself has it's own static charge, the next problem is your car's paint also has a static charge.

Rubbing a cloth over your car's paint could increase the static charge of the paint and lead to more dust accumulation as compared to a car that does not get any care or rubbing. The problem with not caring for your car by rubbing or wiping products on and off is that it won't look good.

Kind of a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation.

Note that the only way to tell if one product, whether it's a wax or a quick detailer reduces dust problems is to test the products you're interested in on the same paint system.

That is apply a product to one area and a different product to another area and then monitor what happens. It's pretty hard tell a difference between products if there are not controls to let you visually see any differences.

Going by memory isn't very accurate.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                      The first problem is that dust by itself has it's own static charge, the next problem is your car's paint also has a static charge.

Rubbing a cloth over your car's paint could increase the static charge of the paint and lead to more dust accumulation as compared to a car that does not get any care or rubbing. The problem with not caring for your car by rubbing or wiping products on and off is that it won't look good.

Kind of a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation.

Note that the only way to tell if one product, whether it's a wax or a quick detailer reduces dust problems is to test the products you're interested in on the same paint system.

That is apply a product to one area and a different product to another area and then monitor what happens. It's pretty hard tell a difference between products if there are not controls to let you visually see any differences.

Going by memory isn't very accurate.

Or, Meguiars could just create a new wax that is the electrostatical opposite of dust's electrostatic charge, therefore the dust is never attracted to the car surface in the first place.

I know...........I know......it is a brilliant idea, so Jetsons space age-ish.

Just remember me when it becomes the big hit at the SEMA show.

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post

I don't think the product is attracting more dust
                        Maybe your just noticing it more?
                        I don't think there's a product to prevent dust to collect on your car
                        I use the Cali duster all the time
                        I bought the RV one recently
                        It's huge and works great.
                        Mario where did you get the RV DUSTER ? can't find it antwhere

Comment

I have all the above tools and use them in the dust war. Yesterday after having the garage door open and several gusts of wind left a nice coat of dust on my clean car I happened to have my little compressor running. I used the air gun to blow most of the dust off and it worked pretty well especially in the nooks and crannys like front cowl and door handles.

Comment

Pepboys

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');