• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound - Who's used it, what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Compound - Who's used it, what do you think?

The pictures below are something I did this week with the UC. This is a 1979 Century boat that is in horrible shape. The guy I lease my shop from had it and wanted to sell it so asked me to clean it up some. Wanted some shine back but had no expecations at all so I experimented with it!! I used the UC with my Dewalt Rotary at about 1600 RPMS with a wool pad. Did quite good in my opinion! (Yes I know you are not suppose to use it with a rotary but I didn't have any 105 and thought what the heck)

Before

During

Final Result

Comment

Wow! Nice save for sure... had to be better than the owner expected.

Comment

I used Ultimate Compound by hand on our Neon. My bottle was going watery by the second when I purchased it. I used it by hand on our Neon with hard as nails clear coat. It got watery when I went to use with my G100. By hand followed by SwirlX provided great results.

Nappers: Ultimate Compound / SwirlX - Here is my review. I did get the bottle replaced and had a great chat with Tom Macdonald and received a new bottle ASAP and chucked the old one.

I also used it on a recent detail I did on a '00 Dodge Ram 2500, My first try was with my G100, after two passes, it did not cut how I wanted. I then reverted to a final first step of M84/8006 with my rotary. I did follow up with Ultimate Compound to clean up any holograms or hazing with rotary.

2000 Dodge 2500: LOTS of pictures! - here is the write up I did with it.

If I was only able to correct a paint by hand, Ultimate Compound is the way to go! Follow that with the work forever SwirlX and the finish is awesome for your LSP of choice.

Ultimate Compound is very easy to use by hand or machine. I found that when the product is done, you know when it's done (hard to explain). By hand, I would put about a teaspoon of product on a yellow applicator and go to work on a section. You can hear the product work on the paint. It seems like when you can't hear it working, simply wipe and apply a second application if needed. It's no miracle in a bottle so one application may not do it if your swirls or if your scratches are deep. It's a great product to have in your arsenal of awesome products provided by Meguiar's.

If using your G100/G110/PC/DA, simply put a bead of product around the pad as normal, work the product in as by hand and wipe. I had no problems with the product gumming, dry buff or any other problems associated with complicated products to learn such as M83 (not that M83 is bad, just need to learn it) I did sucessfully knock down mild swirls with my G100 with UC, but I needed more oomph on the much deeper brush marks on a detail did.

I tried UC by hand on the wheels of the Dodge Ram as the wheels are clear coated aluminum and it brought back the shine these wheels deserved to have.

Overall, UC is and will be part of my detail needs in the future. You should also add SwirlX in your mix as well if doing cars by hand or machine (possibly even the less than popular orbitals if that's all you have at the time).

Good stuff. May not be as popular as M105/M205 combo, but for the consumer, which is where it is in the market, it's an awesome product and easily available at most retail stores.
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I recently used Ultimate Compund on my 2008 Taurus. I was really impressed with how it took care of minor scratches and brought out the deep blue metal flake on the paint. All I had to do was put Gold Class wax on and it looks Great! I then asked my wife what she tought. She said the same thing, she also added that she liked the shine.
          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I just used this on my wifes Explorer on the rims and it worked like a charm. My arms are sore as hell but 95% of the rust/brake dust came off.
            Dilution Chart

Comment

I used on my neighbor's passat last week. It really took the oxidation out of the hood using a DA. Made the metal flakes pop out.
              2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
              2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Well I am really happy how it came out using the ultimate compound,my car is black so started with the swirl-x but it was not doing as good as ,I wanted to tried the UC masked off a area and tried it you could really see the black coming throught so did the all the car and boy what a difference it made follwed that up with some 205 , and synthetic sealant 2.0 and now you can read the instructions on the bottle in the paint this was great stuff and will be using a lot on my other cars.

Comment

I have had the opportunity to use the new Ultimate Compound on several cars. The product is easy to use,both by direct drive buffer and with an orbital. The product comes off very easy and does not "cake Up" like other compounds. This product will be on my detail shelf for quite some time.

Keep up the great work..

Comment

I used it a few weeks ago with the DA and a yellow megs pad on my black 99 camaro. I know the say that there isn't a magic bullet with dealing with swirls, especially on a black car, this stuff is pretty close though. Swirls are 90% gone. Followed it up with some nxt and will do another coat this weekend. Using a DA and a finishing pad.

Comment

I like it. Don't have a DA yet, and I'm not really thrilled about polishing by hand, but I did notice a reduction in swirls when I did some test spots. Very impressive for a consumer product. Also used it to brighten up some plastic pillars on a '96 Explorer that had become dull.

Before

After

Applicator pad afterwards:

A very nice product, one I will definitely be using again in the future.
                      Shane
                      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I used U.C. with a rotary on a badly faded blue 1987 Chevy pickup, and it came out great. I followed with Color X by hand then NXT2 by hand . The owner was so happy he gave me a big tip. UC does work with a rotary , maybe not as well as 105 , but it will work. I wish I had pictures, It was amazing on how it came out.

Comment

was using DA approved Scratch X , then moved to Prima Swirl and now using UC and may I say how easy it is to remove any defects. This stuff is extremely easy to used with my G220. It takes much much less time to get results as it doesn't need to be worked into the paint. A couple of passes (yes 2-3 no more) on my NHBP Honda and all the swirls are gone. I say I must of remove 90% of the swirls where others are much deeper that I either probably need a more aggressive pad or compound. I did a few extra passes on those and still can't get rid of it.

Comment

I have 1 mark on my mustang that i cannot remove no matter what i try. I am taking the car out tonight and i will take some pics.....
                            Sudzontherun serving all of the Tri-state Area

Comment

One thing I like about UC is it does not dries up that fast as the weather here is hot and humid. Swirlx dries up too fast.
                              Although, UC has not work for me yet but it does leaves behind a great shine which is ready for LSP.

Comment

Originally posted by blackt00th View Post
                                One thing I like about UC is it does not dries up that fast as the weather here is hot and humid. Swirlx dries up too fast.
                                Although, UC has not work for me yet but it does leaves behind a great shine which is ready for LSP.
                                While many other Meg's polishes strictly prohibit being used on hot surfaces, working Ultimate Compound on a cool surface is only a recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');