• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Washes Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Washes Difference?

While it was mentioned in a post on page 1, it is probably worth mentioning again about the softners of NXT. I certainly don't know the offical word from Meguiar's, but I prefer NXT due to the hard water of my apartment complex. It's so bad that it will leave water spots after about 10 minutes or so.

I would love to use Gold Class (and have) as I do think it is a little gentler and slicker, but my water is what ends up making the decision for me. Personal preference probably also plays a role in the decision as well for all of us.
    "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

When does the softner in NXT car wash work? Does it prevent water spots from forming after rinsing the car as the car just sits there awaiting to be dried? Or is it just during the wash.
      2008 Infiniti M35 Worklog

Comment

Well, during the entire washing process, but your best chance of spots would be when waiting to dry.

That also makes the "flow" technique important, to leave as little water as possible on the surface waiting to be dried.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Oh ok, so the NXT car wash must leave behind some kind of softening agent on the paint that makes it less likely to leave water spots?
          2008 Infiniti M35 Worklog

Comment

In my experience, I'd have to say that if you have hard water NXT is the clear winner. If you have soft water Gold Class outperforms.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

In my area, NXT isn't sold OTC and Gold Class is THE most expensive soap available, all brands included. It really does a good job however.

That said, I used Deep Crystal for years and it also worked very well. I think Meguiar's keeps it available because of strong sales to consumers due to the low retail price.

I always wait for the annual CT sale where Gold Class is brought down to Deep Crystal price, then I buy 2 bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiMopar View Post
                I think next time I will buy some Gold Class and see if there is a difference.

I would still like to know what the formulation differences are? I know it can't just be the same washes in varying concentrations in different bottles with different coloring added.
                Here's my formula for success - I go to Wal-Mart, and I get Deep Crystals for $4 and Gold Class for $6.97 64 oz. each. When my car is really dirty, I use DC because it cleans really well with lots of suds. It's a soap or detergent, so expect a clean finish. GC is special. On the bottle, it's labeled as a shampoo & conditioner - not a lotta suds here. I love the effect it has on my paint, especially with nice coat of GC wax on it. I use GC when my car is "somewhat" dirty and I want it to look like it was just waxed.
                -Freeman

Comment

We have relatively "hard" water where I live. However, I've been using Gold Class and think it's absolutely a great product - slick and effective at removing general grime and dirt. However, I just tried Optimum No Rinse (winters here in southeastern PA...) and found it to be quite effective, as well.

However, I still tend to prefer a good old fashioned water rinse wash. That said, if NXT truly does have special "softeners" in it, I may give it a try. Water spots, even with Gold Class, are definitely a bane to my washing protocol effectiveness.
                  Last edited by gjohn28; Jan 31, 2009, 06:00 PM.
                  2013 Highlander - black
                  2010 TL - black

Comment

I used the NXT the other day and after I washed there were no water spots but I did wash, rinse, flood, and dry. I wash a section at a time but when I rinse I rinse the whole car so no part of it can dry. Perhaps that is why there were no water spots. At the end I take the nozzle off the hose and flood all the excess water off the surface. I then dry using the water magnet and it removes dries all the water with one cloth on my full size truck and my wife's SUV.

Now what BigLouie says is an interesting idea. If I could find a wash which is a tough, mean cleaner that removes as much dirt as possible before a thorough wax and a different wash that leaves a car looking as clean as possible while helping the overall appearance would be great too. You know a special occasion wax.
                    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');