• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Car wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Car wash

I have used NXT car wash on my 2 other cars before. Both performed well. It was cloudy (no direct sunlight) on both times I used it.

Yesterday, I had to wash my black SUV on direct sunlight (it was only 60 degrees outside at 10 am). I used a free flowing water from the hose to rinse out the NXt car wash. As soon as the water slipped off the car, I noticed some streaks forming. I ran the water and 2nd time, streaks were still there. I was able to remove them while drying the car with a chamoise.

I know the instructions says to do it in the shade but I don't have a covered area to wash my car and I figure the time of day and temp was pretty mild. Note: the SUV has not been waxed in over a year, just washed on a regular basis.

Have you experienced the streaking when using the NXT wash?

On a positive note, the black SUV looked great after a single coat of NXT wax.

I guess I'd have to say that streaks usually come from the soap drying on the surface.

Maybe NXT wash makes the paint sheet the water more quickly than your usual wash, therefore, it dried before you got a chance to rinse it.

What is your method for washing? How much area do you do before rinsing? 1 panel, a few pannels [what I do], half the car [what I do when washing indoors], the whole car?

I'm sure some other people will be able to jump in here...some people have quite large collections of car washes, and like to compare them. Me, I just use a car wash soap and go wash.

Comment

I soap the whole car then rinse.

Comment

That might be the problem, then. You might want to try rinsing after washing a few panels. Just enough so it doesn't dry on.

I learned the hard way through lots of wasted time that you don't really have to rinse after every panel. One other trick to prevent water spots is wet down the whole vehicle frequently so the water doesn't have time to sit and dry. On the other hand, don't go too crazy with this, either, like rinsing the whole vehicle after washing one panel. [yeah, I learned this the hard way too, too much reading and too little doing for me, I guess ]

I guess that's kind of a dissapointment on NXT's if the processes that previously worked for you don't with this wash. Maybe the wash will react better with the surface now that you have a coat of their wax on now.

Comment

I haven't noticed any streaking problem with any of Meguiar's car washes including the NXT. I think a lack of a good coat of wax may have had an effect? Now that it has a coat of wax, next time you wash your car, wash panel by panel, rinsing each panel after washing and check to see if the streaking problem still exists.

Hope this help...

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yes 1 panel at a time is a very good idea that way you never have to worry about the soap drying on your ride.also a good idea would to be start at that the top of the vehicle and work yuyor way down and every couple of panels rins yuor wash mit out so yuo arent dragging any trpped dirt across yuor paint.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');