• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash Soaps Environmentaly friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash Soaps Environmentaly friendly?

Clark County, in Washington State is conisering implementing a ban on washing of cars, boats, etc on the street/in driveway, etc.

Their logic is that the runnoff goes direclty to streams, and other downstream bodies.

So the quesiton is, are Meguiar's car wash products environmentally friendly?

They likely won't ticket anybody..but even if they do, there is no chance I will take my car to a automated carwash

VANCOUVER -- The driveway carwash, a Saturday morning rite of suburbia since -- well, since there have been suburbs -- is under pressure from the state of Washington. In a pollution-fighting effort already in place in some Puget Sound communities,...

Re: Wash Soaps Environmentaly friendly?

The soap is safer than the oil/tar/grease/grime that is washed off.....

And all of the soaps are bio-degradable.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
      ...So the quesiton is, are Meguiar's car wash products environmentally friendly?...
      Sorry, there’s no such thing as a simple Yes/No answer to that question.

The environment is an incredibly complex system of interactions. Simple labels like good/bad, friendly/unfriendly just don’t apply.

Something that’s barely noticeable in one area can be devastating in another.

Something that’s helpful to the local environment in one place can be harmful in another. Or, it can be helpful at one time and harmful at another time in the very same place.

Rain is a good example. It’s absolutely necessary for life but as we can see right now in areas hit by hurricanes it can be terribly destructive (to both people and the environment) if you get too much at the wrong time.

On the opposite side we have fire. Around here, portions the ecosystem need fire to regenerate. But when it comes too often or at the wrong time those very same life forms that needed fire to survive can be destroyed forever.

A soap that’s biodegradable may break down into completely benign components in one environment (like in organically active soil) but might kill fish if allowed to run off into a sensitive stream or wetlands. It depends on the local ecology and the concentration of pollutants.

If your local ecosystems are getting hammered by urban runoff, eliminating car washing may or may not be only a small part of the overall problem. But the problem is caused by lots of little things stacking up into one big ugly thing. So the solution is to chip away at all the little things.

PC.

Comment

Green is in and a wash mat will set you apart from the others.

Comment

We have an automatic car wash that is really pushing that "green" thing because they recycle and filter their water. I myself would never take my car to a car wash. I don't care how bad it hurts the enviroment as long as it cleans my car and won't hurt the finish in any way.
          2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

I live in clark county....

I thought my parents were playing a sick sick joke on me.

Fricken nanny state.

I'm washing my car at home for years to come.

.... wonder if folks with a water reclaimation system are going to be able to make big bucks with a car wash....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');