• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch-X Applicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch-X Applicator

What type of applicator should be used when applying scratch X by hand? A foam pad or a micro-fiber covered sponge thingy? Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Re: Scratch-X Applicator

Foam is good.

Though for a real tough spot, an application or two with terry cloth, then an application or two with foam can help.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What are you working on?

What are you trying to do?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm working on my '04 metallic grey Ram. I figure she ought to look good burning $4.50gal dzl. Anyway, I've noticed from time to time, what some on here describe as cob-web scratches. I've used the product before with what I thought were great results but from what I've seen on here it could be better, so I thought I'd give it another shot. I will be following up with some, DC Polish and then NXT 2.0.

Comment

If by hand I use the Meguiars Yellow Foam Applicators and like above, cut up terry cloth for more aggressive.
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by jjoiner View Post
            I'm working on my '04 metallic grey Ram.

I've used the product before with what I thought were great results but from what I've seen on here it could be better, so I thought I'd give it another shot.

I will be following up with some, DC Polish and then NXT 2.0.
            Stick with foam or microfiber applicator pads, terry cloth can be more aggressive by hand but it can also potentially instill toweling marks which you would then have to remove. So stick with foam or microfiber applicator pads.

A faster option would be to get a quart of M105 and use it instead of the ScratchX. It will take you less applications and less effort to get better results when removing swirls and scratches.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              A faster option would be to get a quart of M105 and use it instead of the ScratchX. It will take you less applications and less effort to get better results when removing swirls and scratches.

Mike, is this the M105(Ultra Cut Compound) you are refering to?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');