• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jeep, the Cavalier and NXT (plus thoughts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeep, the Cavalier and NXT (plus thoughts)

I recently picked up some NXT and being the incurable detailer I am, I had to try it. First off was "The Dad's" truck. Next up today was the wife's Jeep and of course, my Cavalier.

First off. I'd like to make a few observations.

It applies fairly easily (once you get the hang of it). A spray of #34 before the first application to the pad helps, and it takes a touch more than I'd thought, but it still spreads out really well.

I applied it by hand to the Jeep and to the Cavalier by P/C

I found that by putting the P/C on "1" and making the passes slow and deliberate, it applies the best (for me). I still feel a bit of 'pull' or 'drag' on the buffer, but it's nowhere near as bad as many products are by hand.

Once applied, I let it set up for about 45 minutes before buffing it off (terry towel for the Jeep, microfiber for the Cavalier).

While not difficult, removal was definately "different." When I first started bufffing it off, it felt like the NXT had really "bitten into" the paint and was holding on for dear life, but once a few passes had been made, the towels glided smoothly across the surface which became very slick. On some areas that were in the sun, I saw a bit of smearing, but continued light buffing eliminated the problem.

The Results:

On the Jeep, the color definately deepened and at least 90% + of the micro marring disappeared (it had AIO x2/#20 a few days ago). Now it almost looks like Porshe Guardsman Red see for yourself:

My favorite detailing drink

How's this for red?

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Since reflection shots are popular, here's on of some door dings (and the neighbor's Explorer which is 75' away across the street

I only took two of my car...

The required hood shot:

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"

Comment

and the 'wax product reflection' bit (you can actually read the bottle in the reflection, just not in the picture)

Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"

Comment

They are looking good.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

they look pretty good really like the yellow

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');