• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Trim Detailer product question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Trim Detailer product question?

Hi all,

I purchase my gold class trim detailer from autogeek.net recently my shipment is arriving this coming friday. I can't wait for it to arrive because I want to try the product on my ASAP.

Now one question, how often should I apply the trim detailer on the trims on my car? Once a month? It says in autogeek that the GC trim detailer is a restorer so I am assuming the trim detailer can last through a couple of washes right?

So far I have been using Poorboys Trim Restorer and it is a great product. It is almost running out and It gave me an excuse to purchase GC Trim Detailer hehehehehehe.

Mike Phillips and all of the knowledgeable people here on this forum, thanks and I appreciate the inputs.

Precision

Re: Gold Class Trim Detailer product question?

It really depends on the conditions the car is exposed to and what you like or what you're happy with.

I find GCTD looks outstanding when it is first applied and while it hasn't gotten wet. However, for my liking, it doesn't stand up that well to rain or washing, so I simply re-apply it every time I wash the car (every week).

That's not to say that you will find it necessary to do the same. The product is obviously still there to some extent after one or two washes, but it just doesn't look as good to me. In your eyes, you may find it satisfactory to re-apply the product say every second or third wash. It comes down to personal preference really...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

One of Meguiar's newest products on the market is their Ultimate Protectant.

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is a light creamy water based product and goes on very easily. When applied to even the most weathered and faded plastic trim it brings back that richness and appearance we lost long ago. Once the product dries it's amazing how many washes it resists before a reapplication is needed...

Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant - Two thumbs up!
      BobbyG

Comment

I am not really fan of UP. I tried on the trim of my car, and the trim of a few family cars and was not a fan. The application is a little longer than I would like and I like a glossier appearance on exterior trim. I have found that Meguiars Hot Shine spray works incredibly well as it lasts a really long time (through many washes and rain storms), is shiny and takes little time to apply.

I know it is not recommended to apply this product to trim but I really like it. However, do not use it in any space that will be stepped on as it is a little slippery. In this situation, I would use UP.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
          I am not really fan of UP. I tried on the trim of my car, and the trim of a few family cars and was not a fan. The application is a little longer than I would like and I like a glossier appearance on exterior trim. I have found that Meguiars Hot Shine spray works incredibly well as it lasts a really long time (through many washes and rain storms), is shiny and takes little time to apply.

I know it is not recommended to apply this product to trim but I really like it. However, do not use it in any space that will be stepped on as it is a little slippery. In this situation, I would use UP.
          Was the surface stripped of previous dressings?
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post

Hot shine on trim? Doesn't that make cleaning the paint messy since your run your mitt over the oily/dirty trim that's close to the paint?
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
              Was the surface stripped of previous dressings?
              Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
              Hot shine on trim? Doesn't that make cleaning the paint messy since your run your mitt over the oily/dirty trim that's close to the paint?
              I washed the car beforehand and stripped the trim with liberal amounts of APC at 4:1 and a brush.

It really is not that greasy especially after wiped down with a terry cloth or microfiber after application. Plus, my trim is mainly on the lower portion of the car and I just use the mitt I use with the wheels for the trim and some DC car wash (same I use on wheels). It doesn't get on the paint at all.

I would use ASD but I ran out a while ago and need to buy more. I am waiting to need a lot of items and then placing a bulk order at ADS.
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698
              Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');