• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nu finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nu finish

at this point i am pretty much all meguiars. there is one thing tho i am concerned about. my grandfather has used nu finish on everything for years and claims it is the most superior product out there. has anyone ever used nu finish. if so please tell me wat u think on the subject.

when i get my camra up and running i will have to make a test and show u.
    - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Re: nu finish

I was going to try it until I read about it here.

Basically, it's like taking pumice and rubbing it on your paint. Although I'm taking this from other users (which I trust), I take their word for it. Most other polishes and scratch removers besides Meguiar's have some pretty aggressive compounds in them.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by d.mopar View Post
      at this point i am pretty much all Meguiar's. there is one thing tho i am concerned about. my grandfather has used nu finish on everything for years and claims it is the most superior product out there. has anyone ever used nu finish. if so please tell me wat u think on the subject.

when i get my camra up and running i will have to make a test and show u.
      It's a cleaner/wax. Most over the counter retail waxes are cleaner/waxes. Most people only wax their car's a few times a year. For this reason the condition of the paint on most daily drivers becomes dull, cloudy, stained, oxidized, contaminated etc., thus in order for a wax to produce a visual difference it must clean paint to some degree and then leave behind a protective wax.

When people restore the beauty of their car's finish using a cleaner/wax the contrast between before and after can be dramatic enough that they think they've found the best wax on the market when the truth is most cleaner/waxes when properly applied will do a pretty decent job on neglected paint.

What's more difficult is to take paint in pretty good condition to a higher level, that's where you need more dedicated products besides a one-step cleaner/wax.

Nothing wrong with cleaner/waxes as Meguiar's has had their Cleaner/Wax around since 1973 and it's the number one selling cleaner/wax in the U.S. (At least the last time we checked).
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

nu finish the once a year car polish on his car has been proven true. after about a year and a half without applying more it still on his coat and still keeping his paint protected and in care and still water beading. this i think would make an excelent test.
        - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Comment

Originally posted by d.mopar View Post
          nu finish the once a year car polish on his car has been proven true. after about a year and a half without applying more it still on his coat and still keeping his paint protected and in care and still water beading. this i think would make an excellent test.

*Find something you like and use it often*

If you find a product you like - then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.

It's all about finding something you like, or in this case something your Grandfather likes. Besides water beading, some people look for things like clarity, gloss, depth reflection, shine etc.

In most cases, on a daily driver parked and driven outside all of the time, the paint won't look as good one year after applying any cleaner/wax as it will one day after applying a cleaner/wax, it might bead water after one year has passed by but it probably won't bead water as good as it did one day after the cleaner/wax as applied.

What looks good and is acceptable in one person's eyes might not look good or be acceptable in another person's eyes.

Color of paint makes a difference too for appearance. There's a lot of difference between how white paint looks and black paint looks, especially to the untrained eye.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');