• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Spray Wax Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still haven't received Klasse yet

and tomorrow is no mail delivery (I think). Thanks for your input on Klasse, RamAir, I have $41 invested in this exciting and proven product. Looking forward to trying German Klasse on my German cars. I cant wait to try it and compare to NXT. If NXT wash and QD are compatible then all the better as I don't want to end up wasting money for stuff I already bought. Like many, I too have old detail chemicals that wind up being throw away because I switch products long before they are used up. With NXT this has not been the case as I am already through at least half the bottle of Tech Wax after putting 6 layers on one car and 4 layers on my other car. The good stuff always gets used up while the lesser stuff should have been returned for a refund due to unsatisfactory results.
    Alexandra

Comment

Just used my NXT Spray Wax it took me a little to get use to it. I have never used a spray wax before and a little goes a long ways. At first I had WAY to much and it took for ever to remove and would't really dry but once I figured out how much I needed the Spray Wax was really easy to use. It left a very nice finish with no streaks. I really like it for the in between wax looks better than a detailer.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
        Just used my NXT Spray Wax it took me a little to get use to it. I have never used a spray wax before and a little goes a long ways. At first I had WAY to much and it took for ever to remove and would't really dry but once I figured out how much I needed the Spray Wax was really easy to use. It left a very nice finish with no streaks. I really like it for the in between wax looks better than a detailer.
        This was similar to my experience and impressions. I'm not too crazy about the spatter that I have to clean out of various places once the product dries, but it doesn't appear to stain.

I used too much initially but once I got used to the amount of product coming from the spray head, my technique got better. Spraying it directly onto an app seemed less efficient but also less messy and wasteful.

It took about 10 minutes to set up completely (did the finger test every couple mins) and wiped off nicely with a MF. The look and feel was much like a fresh coat of Tech wax.

Like Tech wax, I think the aroma is too strong. Toned down some it would be fine.

All in all, a nice product for a spray wax and one I'll probably use with some frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
          Overall, I prefer to use SBW on dry paint, It's easier to use that way IMHO. It could be that my SBW wet surface technique needs some refinement. We need to have Mike or Tim try it and see if they can discover some secret to that method.

RamAirV1
          I prefer to use SBW on dry paint.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by J SOLO
            The spray wax would be good for car shows.
            Ding, Ding, Ding!

Finally, somebody has Nailed it on the head

I have been to hundreds of car shows, most of the time setting up a Meguiar’s booth for the show. Here is what I see,

In the morning of set-up day, about 80% of the participants (or higher), are cleaning and shining their car using a quick detailer like Meguiar’s Quik Detailer, or Mirror Glaze Final Inspection. Both these products do a great job, but for most finishes, repeating the same quick detailing process with NXT Spray Wax, will produce even darker, glossier, and more clear results than the quick detailer by itself.

Meguiar's Quik Wax, or NXT Spray Wax are the natural companions to Quick Detailer or Final Inspection. The first time I used the reformulated Meguiar's Quik Wax on a car, the first thing that went through my head was,

"Wow! What an awesome product for car shows"

It takes using the product a time or two to get a feel for the product and a technique that works best for your car and your car’s finish, but after that, it's a no brainer. I mean check me if I'm wrong here, but at car shows, isn't the goal to make your car look its best? For most people I would say “Yes” is the correct answer. This being true, then following your quick detailer with an application of NXT Spray Wax is a no brainer. At least in my opinion...

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I do agree about the aroma being too strong. I like the Key Lime scent, it just needs to be cut back a little. The aroma is almost addicting LOL. Once it warms up and I can open the garage door while detailing the aroma will probably not be so strong.

Now every other Meguairs product smells bland!

RamAirV1
              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');