• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on durability of NXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2hotford
    Hey agentf1,

Nice car with a nice shine. Would I call its finish stellar? No, I would not. From the pictures that you have provided, the finish is quite reflective, but not deep. Let’s see some up-close pictures of the finish. One’s where we can make an honest evaluation of the finish.

I have Zaino, and honestly, dislike the plastic look it provides. Moreover, I am really curious as to how you have determined the durability of either Zaino or NXT. Using the, it still beads water, is a fallacy at best for determining durability.

Moreover, one's credibility is earned not given.

Tim
    Tim, certianly you know that pictures are subjective. The only reason I posted them was because Mike asked me to. I am sure you also know how hard it is to photograph black and that is why you don't see many black cars in car magazines. Rest assure, in person the finish IS STELLAR, and I have many "Best Paint" and "Best in Show" trophies to show it. If you question my credibility, please feel free to question it on the Northeast Corvette forum where many people know me and my cars.

Comment

Originally posted by agentf1
      Tim, certianly you know that pictures are subjective. The only reason I posted them was because Mike asked me to. I am sure you also know how hard it is to photograph black and that is why you don't see many black cars in car magazines. Rest assure, in person the finish IS STELLAR, and I have many "Best Paint" and "Best in Show" trophies to show it. If you question my credibility, please feel free to question it on the Northeast Corvette forum where many people know me and my cars.
      You are not on the Northeast Corvette forum right now and from your posts so far your credibility is 0, zip, nothing. It doesn't even sound like you are at all interesting in building credibility here either.
      Bob
      2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
      Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by rjstaaf
        You are not on the Northeast Corvette forum right now and from your posts so far your credibility is 0, zip, nothing. It doesn't even sound like you are at all interesting in building credibility here either.
        Define credibility for me. Do you want me to sell out and say NXT is great just because I am on the Meguiars forum. Can't do that. I can only say what I honestly feel to be the truth. You don't know me so don't question my credibility. As I said, go ask about me on the Northeast Corvette forum, there are plenty of people on there that just know me from cruises/shows etc that can vouch I am credable. I have NO vested interest in any products discussed on these forum nor do I sell any products. I detail my own cars and some of my neighbors have talked me into doing their cars after seeing how my personal cars look. I have also been showing my vette for years and all my testing is done on daily drivers as well as show/weekend vehicles. So unless you can prove otherwise don't dare question my credibility.

Comment

Define credibility for me. Do you want me to sell out and say NXT is great just because I am on the Meguiars forum. Can't do that. I can only say what I honestly feel to be the truth. You don't know me so don't question my credibility. As I said, go ask about me on the Northeast Corvette forum, there are plenty of people on there that just know me from cruises/shows etc that can vouch I am credable. I have NO vested interest in any products discussed on these forum nor do I sell any products. I detail my own cars and some of my neighbors have talked me into doing their cars after seeing how my personal cars look. I have also been showing my vette for years and all my testing is done on daily drivers as well as show/weekend vehicles. So unless you can prove otherwise don't dare question my credibility.
          Credibility is trust, believability. As Tim already said, credibility is earned. Look back at your posts, not a glowing example of someone we would all like to get to know. I question your reason for even being here. Your posts show that you are not at all interested in learning about NXT or Meguiars products in general. Just another Zaino Zealot looking for an audience is what you sound like so far. If you have no vested interest than why are you going out of your way to bash NXT. Most people would just say to themselves "well you know what I didn't like that very much" and then move on.
          Last edited by rjstaaf; May 12, 2004, 11:17 AM.
          Bob

Comment

Simple, I question your reason for even being here. Your posts show that you are not at all interested in learning about NXT or Meguiars products in general. Just another Zaino Zealot looking for an audience is what you sound like so far.
            Well educate me. Why does NXT stop beading in 2 or 3 weeks for me? Why is crud sticking to the top surface of my cars? Why does it look cloudy in comparison? I may be a Zaino Zealot but I DID give NXT numerous chances on multiple vehicles. As I said I WANTED it to work better, it didn't. So now my credibility is ruined. Sorry for having an opinion. Who is the zealot here? I never questioned your credibility, I said if it works for you, great, use it. All I did was express my opinion which I am done doing. And don't forget. "Use it often".

Comment

Mike offered for you to come out to Meguiars...You don't want to have the time of your life and get to play with all the products?

Comment

Originally posted by rdarwa
                Mike offered for you to come out to Meguiars...You don't want to have the time of your life and get to play with all the products?
                I would love to but a 6 hour flight is a tad too long. I only wish Mike would come to the east coast, I would be there in a heart beat.

Comment

I would love to but a 6 hour flight is a tad too long. I only wish Mike would come to the east coast, I would be there in a heart beat.

wahhhhhh.....

Are you scared that you might actually learn something and have a good time?

I know several guys that made that LONG trip from the East Coast and I know they would do it again in a heart beat.

You don't know what you are missing for a couple of days of your time.

Comment

Well educate me. Why does NXT stop beading in 2 or 3 weeks for me? Why is crud sticking to the top surface of my cars? Why does it look cloudy in comparison? I may be a Zaino Zealot but I DID give NXT numerous chances on multiple vehicles. As I said I WANTED it to work better, it didn't. So now my credibility is ruined. Sorry for having an opinion. Who is the zealot here? I never questioned your credibility, I said if it works for you, great, use it. All I did was express my opinion which I am done doing. And don't forget. "Use it often".
                    Tell us more about how you applied it. What kind of prep work did you do before hand?

If you are judging NXT on beading, you know that NXT car wash is designed to sheet, not bead so you may see sheeting for a short time after washing with it.

As to the crud and the cloudiness, sounds like it wasn't allowed to cure long enough before it was wiped off. The general guidline is 15 minutes minimum but, it could take longer if it is humid. I usually do the swipe test to make sure it is ready.

NXT has a different look than Zaino. It was designed to be a polymer with the carnauba look. NXT darkens the paint a bit but, it is definitely NOT cloudy if it has been applied correctly.
                    Bob

Comment

It is a 4 hour flight from the East Coast and the airline tickets cost a fraction of what the hotel did. I paid about $250 for the flight. I would take Mike up on his offer if I were you. If not, there are Meguiars reps on the East Coast that offer similar clinics.
                      Last edited by rjstaaf; May 12, 2004, 11:33 AM.
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by rdarwa
                        wahhhhhh.....

Are you scared that you might actually learn something and have a good time?

I know several guys that made that LONG trip from the East Coast and I know they would do it again in a heart beat.

You don't know what you are missing for a couple of days of your time.
                        Ya, I'm scared, thats it (sarcasm). I am sure that I would have a GREAT TIME and may even learn a few things. But unfortunately, as I told Mike, my company is looking into outsourcing so I am unsure how long I will actually still have a job and think spending approx $500 for a plane ticket to go to a detail clinic is probably not the wisest thing to do right now otherwise I would be discussing my problems with NXT face to face with Mike right now. Let me know when there is one on the East Coast and I am there.

Comment

Tell us more about how you applied it. What kind of prep work did you do before hand?

If you are judging NXT on beading, you know that NXT car wash is designed to sheet, not bead so you may see sheeting for a short time after washing with it.

As to the crud and the cloudiness, sounds like it wasn't allowed to cure long enough before it was wiped off. The general guidline is 15 minutes minimum but, it could take longer if it is humid. I usually do the swipe test to make sure it is ready.

NXT has a different look than Zaino. It was designed to be a polymer with the carnauba look. NXT darkens the paint a bit but, it is definitely NOT cloudy if it has been applied correctly.
                          I tried numerous ways of prep, I posted it somewhere, maybe it was on the CF. I tried removing Zaino, I followed up ColorX, I followed #5, I followed #82 DACP. My MB was professionally detailed by the MB dealer a about a month prior to my experimenting with NXT. I figured since the Zaino had already been removed it was the perfect time to try some new products and hearing everything on the forum peaked my interest. I was a skeptic when I first heard about Zaino and could not believe the difference so I fully expected to see the same dramatic result from NXT, NOT. I tried doing the top of my show car fender and compared it to the Zaino hood and it had a milky/cloudy appearance in comparison. I also tried WolfGang at the same time and got similiar results. I even broke out my meddalian and another form of Meguiars wax that the name is excaping me right now and tried panels with them. I even tried it on my silver Lightning. I am going to admit I was becoming sceptical of Zaino after using it so long and that is what prompted me to do this but totally found my scepticism to be unfounded and totally reinforced why I am using Zaino. There really is no right or wrong answer here but I got the answer I was searching for so I am going back to Zaino. Obviously you like NXT so I say keep using it. A friend from the CF expressed interest in NXT (Rex Ruby) so I am going to pass the bottles to him. Maybe he will post his opinion when done. Adios.

Comment

Go when you can...

Comment

As I said I was not comfortable tooting the Zaino horn on "your" forum but Zaino aside, I was still not happy with NXT and would have probably went back to #26. I am going to leave it at that. If you are happy with NXT I say keep using it.

NXT Tech Wax comes with a money back guarantee, so instead of complaining, why don't you call our Customer Care Hotline and ask for your money back. Better yet, call Tom McDonald at 1-800-854-8073 ext. 117, and I'll call ahead to Tom and ask him to take care of your issues.

I am guessing it will soon be a dying fad just like Blackfire, WolfGang and all the others that come and go and will not withstand the test of time.
                              Meguiar's has already stood the test of time, NXT Tech Wax is just one product in Meguiar's product line, it too, will stand the test of time even though it will not please everyone, it has overwhelmingly already become a huge success.

I will discuss your posts with others here at Meguiar's and see what kind of response I get as far as your complaints about NXT Tech Wax. I will also begin a test on a black hood with some Zaino and some NXT Tech Wax and see what I find, (again).

I currently don't have any free weekends to conduct a clinic on the east coast in the next 6 months, but perhaps after the first of the year. I think Rod Kraft may be holding one soon however, if he does, I will pass that information on to you so that you can attend if you choose.

Above all else, Meguiar's wants you to be happy, or Meguiar's will refund your money. Since you are not happy, please call Tom and he will go above and beyond the call of duty to insure your satisfaction.

Please feel free to continue to post here on Meguiar's Online also. On that note, I would ask all members of Meguiar’s Online to please refrain from posting anything they might later regret. Please follow the Golden Rule, of treating others like you your self would like to be treated and above all, remember, were only talking about car wax here, not the fate of the world.

So everyone, please lighten up and make agentf1 feel welcome. His opinion and experience are important to me and to Meguiar's.

Mike Phillips

p.s.

I just spoke with Tom and he is more than happy to talk with you over the phone and go above and beyond the call of duty to insure your satisfaction. Please call him now at 1-800-854-8073 ext. 117
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will call later today or tomorrow, I am getting ready to head out of the office. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');